avoid (fike)

*ike pov*
firkle was my best friend. he was my little goth. he was so cute, and i think i have a crush on him. he always made my day so much brighter, even with how dark he dressed. even though he hated it, he came to almost all of my hockey games. though, the past couple days firkles been avoiding me, and i'm starting to worry. i just wanted to talk to him, and make sure he's okay. i'm really stressed, firkle is my closest friend! of course i'm close with karen and tricia, but they were dating so sometimes i just felt like a third wheel around them, which is one of the reasons why i'm so worried about firkle! i don't wanna be the third wheel forever! i think that i need to text firkle soon. i mean, it's only been a few days since he started ignoring me, but i wanna nip this in the bud. i'm gonna walk over to his house so we can try to talk things out.
*firkle pov*
i know ghosting ike wasn't the best option, but i'm so scared he'll think i'm some kind of freak if he finds out i have a crush on him! i put my headphones in and hit shuffle. Avoid by Lil Peep comes up, and as i'm listening to the lyrics i hear one and i understand what i need to do "goth boy, i'm the one you can't avoid". i realized, i was wrong. i know how much me ignoring him hurt him. i clearly wasn't thinking right. i mean, hell i still like him so it's not like my ignoring him really did any good. i think i'm gonna go and talk to him so i can explain what happened and apologize.
*3rd pov*
firkle and ike both walked briskly, craving to see each other and to talk to one another. ike was deep in thought with his headphones in, blasting some random true crime podcast. firkle had his headphones in too, playing 100 gecs, they were his guilty pleasure band. suddenly firkle felt himself bump into something, well someone who caught him from falling. he looked up to see the smiling gap tooth face of his canadian crush and best friend. he blushed and hugged ike, ike not hesitating to hug him back tightly, letting a couple tears fall. he quickly wiped them away, pushing firkle off him lightly.
"i have something to tell you." the boys said in sync. ike pointed at firkle, signaling him to go first. firkle took a deep breath in before he spoke. ike knew he was nervous. ike rubbed him back and pulled him in for another hug.
"i hmp hmmm" firkle said but it was mumbled by ike's sweater. ike looked down at him, signaling for him to say it again but to pull away from his sweater.
"i like you. like like you." firkle said looking ike in the eyes. ike put his finger firkles chin, pulling him into a tender kiss. it was soft but still passionate. after they pulled away, ike pulled firkle into his chest. they stayed like that for a few minutes, hugging on the sidewalk. after they broke away from their hug, ike grabbed firkles hand, leading him back to ike's house. they went up to ike's room and spent the rest of the night catching up on everything that had happened the past couple days and cuddling. they both promised each other that night that no matter how hard things got that they would never ignore each other, and they both intended to keep that promise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*words 603*

hey lovelies! i'm sorry updates have been so sparse lately! life has been rather wild. i don't know how many of you actually read these little notes but if you have you'd know my parents had been fighting about money. well my dad basically told my mom to fuck off and only contact him when it came to money so i'm really stressed about that. my mom, or as i call her susan, is a really bad and manipulative person so i have a feeling i'll be hearing about how my dad is "keeping me from seeing her". i dunno, real life has been wild so ig my motivation to write is gone. also i was doing really good on my diet and since i got my wisdom teeth pulled i went off my diet and i gain back some weight so i feel shitty about that. anyways that's the end of my rant for this week, i love you all so so much!!

i hope i did okay! i'm sorry it's not as long as my last couple chapters have been! manager_bri