twenty-six • silverfinger

"it's eyes were glowing," scott explained, taking a seat across from the desk in argents home office. allison moved the piece of cloth toward her fathers face once more, dabbing at the wound on the side of his head.

"it was something almost ritualistic," argent replied, squeezing his eyes shut to try and recall the moment he first saw the demonic ninjas. "like it was looking right into his soul."

it turned out argent had prior experience with these creatures. it was giving us a bit more of an idea on what we would experience but it didn't really seem like he knew how to defeat them. no matter what, years back when argent was doing his first deal back in japan, he ran into these creatures that seemed to have flowing, green eyes and no soul.

"it's the same thing it did to me," isaac spoke up, his hand squeezing mine as he recalled the memory.

"that's what they did to everyone," allison adds.

"not everyone, they only came after the werewolves," scott corrects.

"and lydia," i point out. while isaac and i found ethan, aiden and danny found lydia and danny managed to get lydia out of loft before the creatures went after aiden. i sighed before adding, "and me."

"anyone with a connection to the supernatural," argent added on.

i quirked a brow at his statement, asking, "as far as i'm concerned... i don't have any connection to the supernatural."

"maybe it's because you know about it?" scott offered, though his statement came out as more of a question.

"but they didn't come after me," allison pointed out.

"not this time," argent voiced.

"who's the guy they went after in japan?" isaac asked, redirecting the conversation back to chris' experience.

"hakumicho," argent quickly replied. "the yakuza boss was my first gun deal. i was only eighteen, it was supposed to be a simple exchange, except
gerard left out a minor detail of the buyers being yakuza. he wanted to see if i could adapt in the moment," he explained. "testing my ability to, uh- improvise."

"or your ability to survive," allison suggested.

"the moment the sun went down it was like they just materialized out of the shadows," chris recalled, his eyes trained on a specific spot on the desk as he focused. "they had swords. not curved like katanas, but, straight, black steel. like ninjados."

"what did they want?" scott inquired, leaning forward in his seat slightly.

"to get to the kumacho," argent answered. "they cut down every living thing in their way."

isaac raised his free hand to brush along the mark burned into his skin. "did they mark him like they did us?"

argent shook his head. "not exactly. when they finally made it to him, they didn't mark him; didn't stop to think. their blades tore into him, his eyes glowing a rippling white and fangs unlike any i've ever seen."

my face filled with shock and slight horror, my leg bouncing up and down rapidly as mind swarmed with terrifying thoughts. if these creatures were here, then so was whatever that thing argent is talking about. in all honesty, i didn't want to find out what it was, or have to see it myself.

"what was he?" scott asked.

"i don't know," chris replied with a shrug. "but there might be someone who does. there are a few others who survived that night, one of them was a man named katashi they call him silver finger because of an unusual prosthetic, and it looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself. i've known for awhile that katashi was in the country. i spent all of yesterday tracking him down."