six • before the storm

when i had found out about the supernatural, and became friends with the group, the last thing i had expected to happen was ride in the passenger seat of allisons car and follow behind a school bus. the cross country teen was on its way to a meet, hours away. of course, isaac, stiles, and scott were all on the team because of lacrosse. i was quite confused as to the reason why we were doing this, and i had asked about three times but i have yet to receive an answer.

after the whole thing with the janitors closet and the motorcycle, stiles nearly ripped isaacs head off. of course the fact that isaac was a literal werewolf had stopped him from doing so. i had also met lydia in that time, the strawberry blonde giving me a compliment on my boots that i was wearing and claiming she loved me already. it made me feel welcomed, and also just slightly uncomfortable. but lydia was also new to the whole supernatural thing, so at least we have that in common.

i glanced at the time, groaning at the bright letters that read 6:30am. i couldn't believe they had dragged me all the way out here at 6 in the morning, with a raging storm heading our way, just to follow behind a big yellow bus for hours. i had taken the front seat as i was the first one allison had picked up, and lydia was sat in the back middle seat. she had complained at first but quickly got over it when we had switched the conversation to picking up coffee. the cup of iced coffee in my hands was currently the only thing keeping me from falling asleep, as well as from lashing out on allison for dragging me along for this ride. she had practically dragged me out of bed for this.

"am i getting too close?" allison asked, panic in her voice as she followed steadily behind the bus. "i'm getting way too close, aren't i?"

"that depends," lydia answered. "are you just following the bus or are you planning on mounting it at some point?"

"yeah, i should back off," allison sighed, her shoulders slumping slightly.

"you know what else also depends?" lydia asked. "do you mean the bus, or the ex-boyfriend you are currently stalking?" my eyes widened slightly and i closed my lips around the straw, taking a sip from my iced coffee as i attempted to hold in my laugh. i glanced at allison out of the corner of my eye, waiting for her answer.

"well, after what happened i'm not letting him out of my sight." allison answered.

"what? what happened?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows together in confusion as i looked to the girl sat behind the wheel.

"well, last night allison took it upon herself to be placed right in the middle of a wolf fight." lydia  explained. "scott seemed to have gotten hurt pretty bad, and now she's all worried."

"this all started when he came knocking at my door." allison spoke up.

"for what?" i asked, looking over at her.

"he basically told me to stay out of it." she shrugged.

"right." lydia nodded. "so is that whole not let them out of your sight thing literal or more like a general rule?"

"why?" allison asked.

"you're running out of fumes," she replied, looking up from her school textbook and at allison. at her words, i looked over and noticed the metre was basically at empty. allison let out a groan, realizing the same thing.

"yeah. and i'm pretty sure that bus holds a lot more gas than this toyota."

"what if we stop?" allison questioned.

"we lose them." i shrugged. "we know where they're headed, it's not that big of a deal."

"you didn't see what happened," allison replied, shaking her head.