sixteen • the nemeton

"the nemeton," stiles informed, leading lydia and i out of the office. "that's where she's keeping them. it has to be."

what the hell is a nemeton?

realization dawned on me and my eyes widened. "that's why she wanted to sacrifice lydia." i said, glancing at the girl walking next to me. "you knew. you knew where she was keeping them."

"a girl who knew too much."

"stilinski!" i looked down the hall at the sound of the voice, my eyes landing on a taller man in a suit.

stiles sighed and turned to lydia and i. "alright, go to derek, okay? he and peter, they've been there before, so they'll know where it is. tell them it's the root cellar, alright? they'll know." lydia and i glanced at each other before nodding at stiles.

"are you okay?" i asked the boy once lydia had started walking away.

stiles nodded. "yeah, thanks for earlier." i nodded in  response, glancing at lydia and noticed she had turned back to face us.

"let's go!" lydia ordered. i sighed softly, turning back to stiles and sending him a soft smile before following lydia down the hall.

once we had arrived at dereks loft, lydia raised her hand up and knocked loudly. the large, metal door slid open, revealing peter hale/

"you." lydia muttered, staring at the man with wide eyes.

"me?" peter replied, staring at her in slight confusion.

"you." lydia repeated.

peter sighed. "me."

i looked between the two in confusion. what the hell was going on here? was this her first time seeing him since somehow resurrecting him?

"derek!" peter exclaimed, looking over his shoulder into the loft. "we have some visitors!"

peter stepped back, letting us walk further into the loft. we made our way to derek, my eyes wandering to cora who laid unconscious on his bed. i quickly looked away, looking back to peter and derek and helping lydia explain what stiles had told us, only for peter tell us he had no idea where the nemeton was. i had also learned the nemeton was a scared space used by druids for rituals.

"you don't know where it is?" lydia asked in frustration. i rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest as i looked between the two hale. "but stiles said you've been there."

"we have," peter deadpanned, keeping his eyes on the ground in thought.

i scoffed. "then how the hell do you not know where it is?"

"after a few memorable experiences there, talia - dereks mother, my older sister - decided that she didn't ever want us going back. she knew how dangerous it was, and took the memory of its location from us," peter answered, looking up at lydia and i as he explained what had happened.

"but then how are we supposed to find it?" lydia questioned.

•••

"it has to be on a telluric current," stiles explained, looking around at us. i let out a sigh, rubbing my eyes tiredly. "or, maybe even at the axis of two, or where they all intersect. i just know it's where derek took paige to die."

"well that's depressing." i muttered, leaning back slightly.

i was seriously growing tired and frustrated with all of this supernatural bullshit. it felt like we were constantly running around trying to solve some mystery, or we were running around trying to escape some homicidal creature. i couldn't even imagine how the other felt, having deal with all of this since the beginning of sophomore year.