thirteen • voltron wolf

soon enough, stiles, scott and i found ourselves in the jeep as we rushed to the hospital behind derek car. there was a raging storm outside, leading to no other cars on the road.  

i felt myself nearly shaking in anger over the fact she was right under our noses this whole time and none of knew. the fact that she had the upper hand and found pleasure in knowing that we needed her. we were all ready to fall into her step, following and doing whatever she needed because she knew we needed her. she knew we would do whatever she wanted because if we didn't, she could kill the ones we loved. she could let cora die and she could kill stilinski, sacrificing him for her own good.

"i don't know," stiles muttered, shaking his head, "'something feels wrong about this. we proved it to derek, but, she still had this look like it didn't matter. you know, like it was all still going according to plan. you saw it, didnt you?" stiles took our silence as an answer, looking back at the road.

we pulled into the parking lot after derek, the three of us rushing out of the jeep, our bodies instantly being drenched due to the rain pouring down. scott and i met stiles at the front of the vehicle, my eyes wandering down to the bat in his hands.

"what is that?" scott asked.

"you got claws, i got a bat!" stiles replied, holding the bat up.

"okay, what about me?" i inquired, my voice raised so they could hear me over the rain.

"you can... uh... run." he replied, nodding his head to himself.

i scoffed. "woah! thank you, stiles. that was very assuring."

"i'll protect you!" he exclaimed over the rain. my stomach fluttered at his words, even though when it came down it to it, derek and scott would be the ones protecting the both of us.

we followed derek and miss blake inside, hurrying after them. the hospital was hectic, doctors and nurses rushing around to get all of the patients transferred to another hospital due to the power outage warning. derek had a hold on the druid's arm, practically dragging her down the hallways as the lights flickered over our heads.

"scott!" a women called out, causing the four of us to turn and face her. she looked nearly identical scott and i quickly put two and two together, figuring out she was his mother. "what're you doing here? the hospitals evacuating."

"we're here for cora," scott explains. his mom looked over at us, eyes falling over the four of us stood by her sons side.

"all of you?" she asked in confusion. "why does stiles have my bat?"

"mom, just trust me on this. you need to get out of here," scott pleaded with her. "right now."

she moved her eyes from us and back to her son, a sigh escaping her lips. "the building is supposed to be clear in thirty minutes, we've got two ambulances that are coming back. ones ten minutes out, the other is twenty. cora needs to be on one of those. they'll be picking up in the basement garage."

"got it." scott nodded, the information settling into his brain.

"okay," she breathed out. the five of us turned again, quickly heading back down the hallway to the elevator. the five of us huddled in, derek keeping a strong hold on miss blake even as the doors closed.

"you don't have to keep me on a leash derek, i'm going to help," she let out, sighing.

she looked behind her, her eyes resting on scott as he stood in the corner, staring at her with his arms crossed and a glare resting on his face. she turned her head again, looking back at stiles with his bat raised in the air, ready to bash her head in whenever necessary, his own eyes on her. her eyes lastly fell on mine, taking in my look as i glared at her harshly in my spot by the buttons on the elevators. she shook her head, turning back to face the elevator doors once more. the three of us watched her like a hawk, not wanting to miss a single movement.