Let's get real

To my inspirational readers,

I had given up writing this book about half way through finishing it because of a number of reasons. I had so many other projects that I was excited for and they have sadly remained in my drafts because I have not had the time to finish them. Time has been my biggest enemy over the last couple years, and that's not just an excuse. I have worked my arse off to prove myself to people in my life, I did this by forcing myself to constantly study because I am terrified of underachieving or disappointing people. This happened through high school and even to now while I am in University.

To cut a long story short, I've never seen myself as the strong person or someone who was proud of myself. That is why I write the characters that I do, because they give me strength and they give me such pride when I see how much people adore them. Evelyn and Lynette are my published girls, and there are others like Iris, Genevieve and Celeste who I cannot wait for you all to meet someday.

I lost my way in the last year when I finally managed to escape a toxic and abusive household, and I never really got back into writing after that because writing was my escape, and for once in my life I didn't need that escape. I could spend time with my friends, I could take a breather and grief for once.

I didn't have much intention of coming back to finishing this series, not until I saw this comment just the other day. I've hidden their username for obvious reasons.

Let me make this clear, I know the Harry Potter universe is not mine to take any credit for, but Evelyn and her story are a result of my hard work

Let me make this clear, I know the Harry Potter universe is not mine to take any credit for, but Evelyn and her story are a result of my hard work. You do not have the right to come and try to continue someone else's series before you've even spoken to the original writer. At this point, I hadn't even decided that I was/was not coming back to this series. You have absolutely no right to try to do this just because you can't be arsed to create your own fan fiction or story. Maybe I seem like I'm overreacting, but with everything I've been through I hope you can understand why I'm upset. And the reason I am so angry is because this is not what this platform is about.

This is a community! The Wattpad community is about support and sharing. We are writers supporting fellow writers, and you have some nerve to come and think that this is okay. The same goes for coping other people's stories, I'm sick of seeing it and having to DM other authors and let them know that someone has stole their credited work or plots. This behaviour is unacceptable, I want people out there to know that if you have any issues with someone stealing your work or see someone like this individual who planned to take mine, please come to me. I will fight tooth and nail to help you report this person, because it is your story and not theirs!

I love the people I have met on Wattpad, I really do. I hope you can see that not only am I doing this for myself to get back to normal but for all of you as well. All of you who have supported a book that I didn't even think was that good, especially since my writing has escalated since then.

Now I will be publishing a third book, I cannot promise when it will be finished or how often a chapter will be uploaded. I will also be going back and editing The Girl Who Fought and The Girl Who Tried to much better standards so please be patient with me.

Thank you for these last few years, I would not be where I am without you all 🙏

Best wishes and love,
LumosThenNox