Chapter Eighteen

C h a p t e r E i g h t e e n
F o r H e r

Harry took cautious steps through the maze, Evelyn's wand gripped tightly at his side

Harry took cautious steps through the maze, Evelyn's wand gripped tightly at his side. The fog shortened his line of sight as he tried to anticipate ahead. He jumped as he heard a scream, the voice was female indicating that it had to be Fleur. Harry started running in the direction of the scream.

The boy stopped when he heard creaking noises from one of the lanes of the maze. He leaned again the hedge, hiding his body as close to the surface as he could when he saw a figure emerge from the lane.

He watched as Viktor started to walk away before he spun around to point his wand at Harry. The light from his wand illuminated his face, allowing Harry to see that his eyes were a clouded white.

Viktor walked away, leaving the boy without harm. Harry watched as he left, confused by his zombie like state.
He quickly ran into the lane to see if Fleur was hurt.

He found her unconscious body being dragged into the bushes as roots coiled around her.

"Fleur? Fleur!"

Harry watched helplessly as the girl's body was submerged between the leaves. Harry rushed to his feet quickly, pointing his friend's wand into the air. "Periculum!" He cast, red sparks erupted from the wand reaching several feet above the top of the maze.

Chaos started to outbreak in the maze as the wind picked up, Harry began to run fearfully as the maze changed form. Lanes started to close, including the one Harry had been stood in.

The boy scrambled to his feet after his lucky escape. Looking up, Harry stared in amazement as he spotted the glow of the familiar cup they had all been looking for.

"Get down!" A voice yelled.

A green spell suddenly shot above Harry, causing his to duck to the ground. He looked to see that Viktor - who was still in his trance - had shot a spell in his direction. It wasn't until Harry looked over that he saw that the spell was actually aimed towards Cedric.

Harry quickly ducked like Cedric had ordered, as spells fired above him.

"Expelliarmus!" Cedric yelled, the spell finally knocking down Viktor who fell unconscious.

Cedric rushed towards the unconscious Durmstrang, kicking the wand away from his body. Harry quickly pushed Cedric's arms downward before he could send a spell towards the other champion.

"No, don't! Stop! He's bewitched, Cedric!"

"Get off me!" Cedric ordered as he pushed the younger boy away, before he began running through the maze again.

Cedric and Harry began to shove each other through the maze, both desperately scrambling to reach the cup. They turned a corner, eventually catching sight of the prized object once again. It was one straight pathway towards the item which would guarantee victory.