Chapter Nineteen

C h a p t e r N i n e t e e n
S c r e a m s

Evelyn stood to her feet cheering excitedly after witnessing Harry and Cedric apparate into the arena

Evelyn stood to her feet cheering excitedly after witnessing Harry and Cedric apparate into the arena. She, Ron and Hermione hugged quickly before Evelyn looked away to see Mr Diggory and her papa hugging in their celebrations.

She didn't know that something was wrong until she heard Fleur scream from her place on the arena floor.

Eve turned, now noticing that Harry was sobbing. And Cedric hadn't moved.

She watched as Dumbledore ran towards the pair, trying to pull Harry away as teachers started to surround the students.

"No! No! No, don't!" She heard Harry shout as he fought with the headmaster.

"For God's sake, Dumbledore, what's happened?" The minister yelled causing the arena to fall silent. Evelyn tried to stretch her neck to see what was happening.

Was Cedric hurt?

The students in the arena struggled to hear or see the conversation between Harry and Dumbledore.

"Keep everybody in their seats. A boy has just been killed." The minister announced, loud enough for most of the student to hear.

Evelyn's heart stopped. Out the corner of her eye she saw Hermione and Ron looking at her.

The brunette's chest started to move rapidly as she felt tears building. "No," she muttered in denial. "No, No!"

She made a dash out of the stand, running down the wooden stairs towards the ground. People watched silently as the girl broke down, their hearts breaking as they watched her attempt to reach the two boys the teachers surrounded.

Evelyn had just made it off the stairs when she was stopped by Professor Snape and Professor McGonogall, both grabbed the sobbing girl.

McGonogall quickly pulled her into an embrace to comfort her. Professor Snape stepped in front of the girl, in attempt to block the view of the body.

Amos Diggory had witnessed Evelyn's struggle, he realised that something had happened to his son for the girl to be as upset as she was.

Denial and shock ran in his veins as he began to push his way off the arena stands, just like the younger girl had. "Let me through. Let me through!" He shouted as he became more frantic.

He stopped as he saw his only child laid on the group. His skin pale white, and his eyes struck open. The man sobbed heavily as he knelled beside his son.

"That's my son! That's my boy! It's my boy!"

Evelyn began to sob even more, yells of denial leaving her. McGonogall held a tight grip on the girl but Eve fought to break free.

She pulled away from the woman, shoving past Professor Snape as he tried to stop her, and running towards the boy she had just kissed goodbye to less than an hour ago.

Evelyn stopped, a scream leaving her as she stared down at the state of Cedric's body.

The scream ran through the whole arena, worse than when Fleur had been distressed at the sight of the hufflepuff boy. She dropped to her knees beside him, tears streaming down her cheeks.

She wanted nothing more that to grab onto the boy, but she couldn't move Mr Diggory. They both sobbed in pain together, beside the person they cared about to the point their hearts broke in that minute.

Evelyn felt arms wrap around her from behind, they didn't attempt to move her. They simply held her, comforting her. Evelyn came to realise from the voice that it was her papa, Mr Weasley.

He held his daughter tightly, his chest crushing as he watched the pain she was experiencing. He knew there was nothing he could do to help her, but right now be wished more than anything that there was a way he could.