Chapter Fourteen

C h a p t e r F o u r t e e n
N o t A T r o p h y

Are you ready?Move your body like a hairy trollLearning to rock and rollSpin around like a crazy elfDancing by himselfBoogie down like a unicornNo stopping till the break of dawnPut your hands up in the airLike an ogre who just don't careCan you d...

Are you ready?
Move your body like a hairy troll
Learning to rock and roll
Spin around like a crazy elf
Dancing by himself
Boogie down like a unicorn
No stopping till the break of dawn
Put your hands up in the air
Like an ogre who just don't care
Can you dance like a Hippogriff?

A large smile had remained on Evelyn's face throughout the ball. The young girl had been on the dance floor with her partner all night. All her worries now seemed non existent.

The girl laughed as Cedric took her hand to spin her around before dipping her backwards like she had seen in old movies. Cedric grinned as he watched how much Eve had enjoyed herself.

He had even used some ridiculous dance moves just to make the girl laugh some more throughout the night.

When the song finished, Eve turned to see that Hermione and Viktor had approached them. The two couples had spent most of the night dancing beside each other considering Cedric and Krum managed to get on well due to their dates' friendship.

"Would you like to join us for drinks?" Viktor asked. Evelyn nodded with a smile as Cedric thanked them and agreed to their offer.

The group left the busy crowd and headed for the corner of the Great Hall which featured tables holding beverages and snacks. Many students admired the unmeltable sculptures which kept the drinks cold the whole night thanks to a charm performed by Professor Flitwick before he was pulled into the crowd of dancing students.

Evelyn stopped Cedric as she noticed Harry and Ron sat at a nearby table. "I'll catch up with you," the girl stated as she nodded her head towards her brother and best friend.

"No problem," Cedric smiled before he leaned forward to press a kiss to the girl's check. An affectionate grin appeared on Eve's face, so much that her cheeks hurt as the butterflies filled her stomach.

Hermione had also told her date that she would join her friend quickly. She too had the butterflies in her stomach after Viktor's romantic gesture.

The boys went towards the drinks table while the two girls sat next to their friends. Eve sent a smile to Harry who she didn't notice failed to return the gesture, having just watched the girl he liked interact with someone else.

"Hot, isn't it?" Hermione asked with a dazed smile. "Viktor and Cedric have gone to go get drinks. Would you care to join us?"

"No, we'd not care to join your double date." Ron snapped with a glare.

Evelyn's smile vanished, as did Hermione's. "What's got your wand in a knot?" Evelyn asked her brother with a frown.

"He's a Durmstrang," Ron directed to Hermione before turning to his sister. "And his little friends helped make those badges against Harry. You're fraternizing with the enemies."