Chapter Nine

C h a p t e r N i n e
T h e H u n g a r i a n H o r n t a i l

When it came time for the first task, Harry had planned to use his broom to battle the Dragon

When it came time for the first task, Harry had planned to use his broom to battle the Dragon. His lack of knowledge in spells meant that he needed to use his strengths. He struggled to learn the spells that Evelyn had taught him.

Thanks to Mad Eye Moody's suggestion, Harry and Evelyn were able to plan where to leave the firebolt so Harry could call it while in the ring.

Harry was currently pacing the large tent with the three other champions when he heard a repeated "pst!" noise on the opposite side of the material.

Harry approached the noise cautiously, he was relieved to hear two familiar voices.

"Harry?" That was Evelyn.

"Is that you?" And that was Hermione beside her.

"Yeah," Harry replied. It took a lot of control for Evelyn not to enter the tent, she was so afraid for him, as was Hermione. However she knew that the Professor's could give them into trouble for entering the Champions Tent.

"How are you feeling? Okay?" Hermione questioned, she too was terrified. When Harry didn't answer, she continued attempting to comfort him. "The key is to concentrate. After that, you just have to-"

"Battle a dragon," Harry finished.

Hermione couldn't help herself any longer, hearing those words caused a whimper to escape her as she entered the tent. Hermione threw her arms around their friend, Evelyn followed behind.

As soon as the brunette entered the tent, a dazzling flash blinded her. Eve looked up with a glare as Rita Skeeter entered the tent, her pad and quill beside her with a photographer in tow.

"Young love," she signed causing Harry and Hermione to pull away. "How...stirring. If everything goes unfortunately today you two may even make the front page."

"You've already squeezed every piece of fake news out of the Champions, so go find someone else to write about," Eve protested as she glared at the journalist.

"Ah Miss Black!" Rita squeaked delighted as her quill began to scribble rapidly. "Any news on your father? What a tragedy it must have been to find out that you were the daughter of one of the Wizarding World most feared murderers! Interested in an exclusive with the Daily Prophet?" The woman winked.

"Nothing that I would tell you," Evelyn spat with a glare as she looked the woman up and down.

"You have no business here," Viktor Krum interrupted as he approached the journalist. "This tent is for champions and friends."

Evelyn sent a smile to the Durmstrang student, thankful that he would stick up for her, despite the fact he rarely knew her.

"No matter. We've got what we wanted," Rita smirked as her photographer captured another image.