Chapter Five

C h a p t e r F i v e
F a u l t y A g i n g P o t i o n

The ring of the school bell echoed as the students made their way down the spiral iron staircase in one of the Hogwarts tower after their interesting class

"Brilliant, isn't he?" Ron gushed. "Completely demented, of course, and
terrifying to be in the same room with but he's really been there, you know?"

Evelyn looked at her brother in disgust. "That man is anything but brilliant Ron," she snarled.

"There's a reason those curses are unforgivable!" Hermione snapped. "To perform them in a classroom..." She trailed off, struggling to explain her anger.

"I mean, did you see Neville's face?" Hermione asked, before Harry tapped the girl on the arm and pointed behind her.

Turning, the group found Neville stood at one of the windows on the staircase. He had a dazed expression on his face.

"Neville?" Eve asked as she stepped next to him.

At that moment Professor Moody had come down the staircase behind them and roughly grabbed Neville's shoulder. "Son? You all right?" He questioned.

Neville turned slowly to look at the professor and nodded.

"Come on. We'll have a cup of tea, I want to show you something." Moody stated as he climbed the stairs. Neville started to follow the man, Evelyn was hesitant to let him go. But Harry assured her that he would be fine, and she trusted him to convince her.

*****

The four friends were currently sat in the great hall watching as many students surrounded the Goblet of Fire.

Hermione was engrossed in her book while Evelyn sat next to her with her own book, despite the fact she was not paying attention to it.

Evelyn watched as members from the visiting schools placed squares of parchment into the blue flame. A commotion of cheers then entered the room causing everyone to turn to the entrance.

Cedric and his friends entered the room, droplets of water ran off them due to the storm outside. Hogwarts students clapped as Cedric was playfully shoved towards the Goblet.

Evelyn and Cedric smiled at each other as he pulled out his own parchment to place in the Goblet. Eve knew that Cedric was entering himself, they had discussed it on the night the tournament was announced.

Eve had originally voiced her concerns about the tournament, but Cedric had convinced the girl to be more excited for him.

"Come on, Cedric. Put it in!" One of his friend called.

"Hurry up while your girlfriend is watching!" Another called.

Evelyn and Cedric's friends laughed at this, everyone knew that they weren't dating but that did not stop the teasing.

The joke did not sit well with two boys who sat at a different bench in the room.

"Ron, they're not, right?" Harry whispered.

"No of course not!" Ron rushed before hesitating. "She would tell us...right?" Both shared a concerned glance before they watched Cedric drop his name in the Goblet and wink at their friend before his exit. They instantly had a mutual dislike for the older boy.

The boys turned away from the retreating figures to admire the Goblet of Fire. "Eternal glory, br brilliant, wouldn't it?" Ron sighed.

"Three years from now and we're old enough to be chosen."

"Yeah, rather you than me!" Harry laughed.

Evelyn joined the boys, her shirt sleeve rolled to her elbows as she had discarded her clothes. She was now much more comfortable in her white skirt and school trousers. "Hope your not getting any idea Ronald, mum would be furious!" she teased.

"Hey-!" Ron started to argue but was interrupted as two familiar voices entered the room with a roar.

Fred and George ran into the room causing all the Hogwarts students to cheer excitedly. They were clearly about to bring some mischief to the room.

"Thank you, thank you!" The twins shouted as they came to a stop next to the Goblet. "Well, lads, we've done it."

"Cooked it up just this morning," Fred stated.

"It's not going to work," Hermione sung from her place on the bench.

The Weasley twins were quick to appear at either side of her, smirks upon their faces.

"Oh, yeah?" George asked.

"And why is that, Granger?" Fred added.

"You see this? This is an Age Line.
Dumbledore drew it himself." Hermione explained.

"So?" George questioned with a shrug. Evelyn smirked at her brothers' ridiculous thinking, they clearly hadn't planned ahead. She couldn't wait to see the consequences.

"So a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dimwitted as an Aging Potion!"

"But that's why it's so brilliant, because it's so pathetically dimwitted."

The twins jumped onto a bench next to the Goblet. They shook the viles of potion in their hands, preparing to drink them.

"Ready, Fred?"

"Ready, George?"

"Bottoms up!" They coursed as they twisted an arms around the other, downing the aging potions.

When they had finished, Fred and George leaped into the glowing circle also known as the age line.

Everyone in the room cheered while Hermione and Eve watched on knowingly.

The twins dropped their names into the Goblet, the blue flame flickered briefly before the cheering continued as Fred and George celebrated.

The blue frames erupted causing the students to jump as the flame threw Fred and George across the Great Hall. Evelyn laughed as she watched her brothers sit up groaning. The signature red hair of the Wealsey twins had been exchanged for bushy white hair, large beards and moustaches.

A crowd of students - including Evelyn - surrounded the twins as they began to wrestle across the floor And argue with each other on who was to blame for the failed potions.

The cheers and fighting stopped as the doors to the great hall opened, the noise echoing around the room. Viktor Krum and his headmaster entered the hall in a powerful march.

Viktor stepped into the age line with ease and dropped a piece of parchment into the blue flame. As he began to step away, Evelyn noticed the glance he shared with Hermione. A surprised smile appeared on her face as she saw Hermione's reaction.

A pleased smirk appeared on Eve's face as she imagined the famous seeker Viktor Krum having his eye on the wonderful genius that was her friend, Hermione.

Oh Ron is going to love this, she thought in humour.