Chapter Three

C h a p t e r T h r e e
G u e s t s

"Anything from the trolley? Anything from the trolley?"

Evelyn closed her book as she heard the kind lady with the trolley approaching the train comaparment she was residing in with Harry, Ron and Hermione.

The girl lifted her cat off her cardigan next to her to remove the change she had left in her pocket for a treat on the journey. Eve smirked upon seeing her brother scramble despetatly to find his own money in his jeans pocket.

"Anything from the trolley, dears?" The lady asked as she stood next to the open door, the assortment of colour made the HoneyDuke Express sweets look even more appetizing.

"Can I have some crystallized pineapple and a pumpkin fizz, please?" Eve asked as she stood to hand the correct amount to the trolley lady.

The older witch smiled as she passed the girl her sweets and drink. "Thank you," Evelyn smiled as she stepped aside to let Ron and Harry order.

"Packet of Drooble's...and a Licorice Wand," Ron stated, before looking at his hand, realising he didn't have enough. "On second thought, just the Drooble's," he added.

"I'll get it," both Harry and Eve offered. However Ron passed on the offer simply muttering before he returned to his seat.

Evelyn was sitting in her seat when she heard a familiar voice.

"Two Pumpkin Pasties, please."

Evelyn glanced up to see Cho stood on the opposite side of the trolley. The girls simple exchanged glances before looking away from each other.

Eve had never had any personal problems with Cho, but she knew of the girl from stories in classes. Never anything bad, they simply just hadn't spoke to the other despite three years of school together.

Evelyn went back to her book while she snacked on her sweet pineapple. When movement caught her attention she noticed that Harry had returned to his seat next to her. Evelyn smirked at Harry with a raised brow upon seeing the huge smile on his face. He simple shook his head at her.

She didn't know that he too had noticed Cho. With more attention that she would have liked.

"This is horrible," announced Hermione. "How can the Ministry
not know who conjured it? Wasn't there any security or. . .?" She trailed off looking to her friends for suggestions.

"Loads according to Dad," Ron answered.

Eve frowned as she continued, "That's what worried them so much. It happened right under their noses, papa and mum were talking about it last night."

There was clearly sadness in her voice as she talked about the stress her parents were going through. Ron looked down too as he thought about the worry their mum had felt when she heard the news of the attack.