Chapter Eight

C h a p t e r E i g h t
B a d g e s, D r a g o n s & F e r r e t s
O h M y

It was a week after the Champions were chosen that the badges became popular at Hogwarts

A spell had been placed on the badges which switched from a picture of Cedric's face to a picture of Harry with a green sickly face. The words 'Potter Stinks' were placed on the badges and they had also been the words that had tormented Harry all day.

Evelyn walked across the courtyard looking at the badges in disgust. Were people actually proud of those badges?

Eve walked out onto the green as she heard familiar voices across the courtyard. Cedric and his friends were sitting at one of the stone benches nearby. Evelyn noticed that all bar Cedric were wearing the ridiculous badges.

During the time Cedric and Eve had gotton to know each other, the young girl had actually made friends with Cedric's group. She was easily welcomed to join them on free periods or meals. Some occasions she had took up on these offers. So she was surprised and disappointed to see these people she looked up to as acting so childish.

The brunette started to make her way to the group of laughing teenagers. She suddenly felt distanced from these people, they had been so kind to her before but maybe their loyalty to Cedric meant they didn't get if the badges offended her.

"Look it's Lyn," Thomas pointed out.

The group looked up to see the brunette girl, all greeting her cheerfully. Cedric sent the girl an affectionate smile as he stood to join her.

"Hey," he greeted. "I haven't seen you all morning, where have you been?"

"Sorry I was helping Harry, trying to teach him some more advanced spells that I'd learned ahead." Eve explained, without a smile.

A frown appeared on Cedric's face as he stared down at the young girl confused. "Are you okay?"

"Um...not really, no. Look I need to know where did the badges come from?"

Cedric's expression turned to one of guilt, "Some of the Slytherins and Hufflepuffs made them together. The Hufflepuffs thought that Harry was trying to replace me being the Champions competing for Hogwarts. And I guess the Slytherins will do anything against Gryffindor. Look I already told them to stop it."

"But your friends are wearing them," Eve pointed out with a frown.

"They just want Hufflepuff to go down in History for something, this tournament is really big. I'll make sure people get rid of them," he promised.

"Thanks," Evelyn muttered although she wasn't sure that Cedric would actually be able to accomplish a task such as that. Especially as the Slytherins were wearing them to insult Gryffindor.

"Excuse me," someone spoke. Evelyn and Cedric turned to see Harry next to them. "Can I have a word?" Harry directed his question to Cedric.

"All right," Cedric agreed. Evelyn looked between her two friends before she felt it was better to let them speak.