Chapter Sixteen

C h a p t e r S i x t e e n
A f t e r m a t h s

Later that night, just before the sun had began to set, the golden group of Hogwarts  and Hagrid ventured a stroll through the dark forest

Later that night, just before the sun had began to set, the golden group of Hogwarts and Hagrid ventured a stroll through the dark forest.

Evelyn smiled at the half giant as he excitedly shared memories with his friends. "Now, I remember...I remember when I first met you all. Biggest bunch of misfits I ever set eyes on. Suppose you remind me of meself a little. And here we all are, four years later!"

Eve smiled before she noticed how far away Harry was from the group. She decided to go and speak to the boy, she felt like something was wrong but she didn't understand what. He had been really happy with the result of the second task, it wasn't until they entered the forest that he began to act strange.

"We're still a bunch of misfits," Ron laughed.

Evelyn walked away from the others, she stepped over the broken twigs and leaves which scattered across the forest floor, and came to a slow pace next to the boy.

"Hey, you okay?" She asked carefully as she placed a hand on his shoulder to get his attention.

"Something doesn't feel right," Harry admitted, a frown painted on his face.

"In what way?" Eve asked concerned as she ignored the group singing in the background.

The boy never answered, his gaze frozen on the ground. Evelyn followed his gaze confused, she suddenly froze as she was afraid to take a step closer.

Her widened eyes stared at the black boiler hat which lay abandoned on the ground. Harry stepped closer to the object before he stumbled due to the soaring pain in his scar.

Rrrrrrr

Evelyn jumped forward to help the boy as he clutched onto his infamous scar.

"Harry?" She questioned fearfully. Her body froze once again as she took in the scene behind the tree trunk. "Oh my god," she whispered as she spotted Mr Crouch, the Department Head of Magical Cooperation.

His body was sprawled across the forrest floor. It was clear to see that his skin was ash grey, despite the fog that surrounded him. Evelyn started to pull Harry away form the scene, he had seen enough death in his life. And they needed help to move the body.

"Hagrid," the girl yelled. Worry was clear in her voice.

Evelyn knew Mr Crouch wasn't the nicest man, but he didn't deserve to be left in woods like this.

*****

Evelyn found herself wandering the corridors of the castle after the discovery of Mr Crouch. She was exhausted after having to explain to Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonogall how they had found the body.