Chapter Thirteen

C h a p t e r T h i r t e e n
T h e Y u l e B a l l

"Hermione? I'm not ready for this," Evelyn called from one of the bathrooms in her dorm

The young brunette stood in front of the mirror staring at her own reflection. Physically, she was ready. Mentally, she was the opposite.

"Eve, all you have to do is go down there and meet Cedric!" Hermione called back. "Hurry up! I want to see your dress."

Evelyn looked down at the dress her father had sent her. It was beautiful and it was perfect for her. The dress featured several embroidered flowers which covered her chest, arms and started to travel down the length of the skirt.

The skirt had a silky material which was covered by a layer of tulle. The sleeves of the dress were made with a sheer material which meant the scars from when her Uncle Lupin had transformed last year were visible.

*imagine the skirt more fitted*

"Okay fine," Eve signed before she stepped out of the bathroom. She was relieved to see that it was only Hermione and herself remaining as the other girls had already left.

Hermione cupped her hands over her mouth as she gasped. Evelyn looked stunning, Hermione had never seen the girl remotely dressy. Evelyn didn't even wear school skirts! She wore school trousers and wedged boots everyday.

"You look beautiful!" The girl gasped as she watched her friend fidget with her nails.

"So do you," Eve grinned before she dropped her head. She was too nervous for this, the idea of dancing in front of all those people made her terrified. But she couldn't wait to spend the night with Cedric.

"Look you should be enjoying yourself tonight!" Hermione began fiercely as she grabbed her friend's hands. "Now right now, I want you to think of how amazing you look. And I want you to think about how much your mum would want to see this."

Eve signed as a smile came on her face, "I know, she really wanted to see Ginny and I in our dresses."

"I didn't mean Mrs Weasley."

Evelyn looked at the girl surprised, she had never really thought about the fact that as much as she was missing out on experienced with her mother, her mother would never get all those first experiences with her either.

"Right now I want you to remember these facts," Hermione commanded. "You look beautiful. You are unstoppable. And you have a guy waiting for you down there that is crazy about you!"

"Okay now is not the time to fuck up my eyeliner," Eve joked as she sniffled. "Okay you're so right, I should be enjoying tonight."

Hermione grinned at her accomplishment, as she softly rubbed her thumb over Evelyn's knuckles. "So are you ready to head downstairs?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," Evelyn grinned as she tucked one of the curls from her updo hairstyle behind her ear.

Both girls left the Common Room and headed in the direction of the Great Hall. They reached the staircase without seeing any other students, but they could hear the excited chatter below.

Both stopped before they stepped out to prepare themselves. "So how do we do this? Do we go at the same time or...?"

"No, definetly together." Hermione answered nervously.

"Thank God," Eve signed. "Okay let's go."

As soon as Evelyn rounded the corner, she noticed Cedric stood at the bottom of the stairs talking to Viktor. She kept her eyes on the boy, until she noticed him look twice in their direction.

A large grin appeared on his face as he spotted his beautiful date. When Evelyn reached the bottom of the stairs, she was met by the grinning boy who offered his hand.

Evelyn took his hand with an uncontrollable smile. He was overjoyed to see that she was wearing the bracelet he had gotten her.

"You look beautiful Lyn," Cedric gushed lovingly. Eve blushed slightly at his words.

"Thank you," she replied. "And you look very handsome."

McGonogall approached the two students suddenly in a fluster. "Mr Diggory! Miss Black! I hope you two are ready for the champions dance. You both look wonderful," McGonogall stated with a proud smile. "Now I need you to join the other champions, while I gather everyone else in the hall. You both know what to do?"

"Yes professor," Eve responded to calm the woman's nerves.

"Good, good!" McGonogall stated as she disappeared at a quick pace.

Cedric and Evelyn laughed slightly at the woman's panic, before they both shared another affectionate smile. "Shall we?" Cedric asked as he offered an arm.

The two joined the other champions and their partners. Evelyn waved at Harry although did not have time to speak to him as the pairs were prepared for their entrance into the Great Hall.

Soon it was time for their entrance, which was indicated from the music which rang through the hall. Evelyn and Cedric stood on the position they had been instructed with Evelyn's hand in the crease of Cedric's elbow.

The doors opened moments later, Fleur and her partner took the lead. Followed by Viktor and Hermione, Cedric and Eve then finally Harry and Parvarti.

The great hall was decorated beautifully with a winter theme. Large Christmas trees lined the walls, along with ice sculptures that were placed on various tables holding drinks. The famous magic ceiling of the Great Hall reflective the festive weather with a light flurry of snowflakes falling from above.

Evelyn and Cedric smiled and waved at their fellow students as they made their way to the dance floor. The applause died down as the couple's stood in position for their dance.

Cedric placed one hand on Evelyn's waist while the other held their hands in the air. Eve rested her free hand onto Cedric's shoulder.

"Don't be nervous," Cedric whispered as he looked down at the girl in front of him.

"Easy for you to say Mr Champion," she smirked just as the music began.

Cedric perfected every step in time with the music, as he helped Evelyn any time she would forget her next step. Evelyn let out a surprised gasp as Cedric lifted her into the air, which was a part of the dance she had forgotten about as she and Harry did not have to do the lift in dance class due to the boy's sling.

Cedric giggled as he placed the girl back onto the dance floor, once again taking hold of her hand.

The young girl grinned as she watched Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonogall join the champions dance. It didn't take long for other teachers and students to follow suit.

Within minutes the dance floor was filled with dancing partners. Evelyn grinned at her partner once again as he lifted her into the air.