Chapter Six

C h a p t e r S i x
T h e C h a m p i o n s C e r e m o n y

Two weeks after the first day of term, the students of the three wizarding schools were gathered in the Great Hall, all sitting in anticipation

Two weeks after the first day of term, the students of the three wizarding schools were gathered in the Great Hall, all sitting in anticipation. Everyone had been waiting for this night, where Dumbledore would announce the champion for each school.

Part of Evelyn wished that Cedric wouldn't get chosen, she didn't want to see him get hurt. However another part knew that he was a talented wizard and he could do this.

Her head was conflicted about it, but no matter what she knew she would support him. Eve was currently standing at the Hufflepuff table talking to said boy when she heard their headmaster order everyone to sit down.

"Good luck," Eve smiled at the boy. They shared a quick hug, which caused Cedric's friends to whistle. When they separated, Evelyn punched Ryan - Cedric's best friend - on the shoulder before she hurried to her own table, hearing the group laugh as Cedric told them off playfully.

Evelyn had just made it to her group of friends when Dumbledore began his speech.

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for: The champion selection." He announced as he indicated to the Goblet whose flames were lighting the room.

Dumbledore raised a hand towards the Goblet. It was a few moments of exciting silence before the flames turned a rich red and a piece of parchment was spat from the fire.

Evelyn watched carefully as Dumbledore caught the smoking piece of parchment, turning it over delicately to read the writing.

"The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum."

The Drumstrang boys congratulated their champion as the rest of the school clapped for his achievement.

Evelyn smirked at Hermione, who despite clapping had a slight frown upon her face. When the girl noticed, she turned to give a suspicious glare towards Eve.

"What?" Hermione questioned.

"Nothing, nothing at all!" Eve said sarcastically.

The flame changed once again. Instead of parchment, a small delicately folded fan came into Dumbledore's hand. The girls from Beauxatons waited nervously for their announcement.

"The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour," Dumbledore announced.

Cheers came from the girls institute as Fleur made her way to the front of the Great Hall to shake the Headmaster's hand, before she was indicated to follow where Viktor had gone.

The Hogwarts students were on the edge of their seats, knowing that they were the only announcement left. Evelyn sat up higher on the bench, nervous butterflies in her stomach as she knew how much Cedric wanted this.

"The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!"

"Yes!" Evelyn cheered among the Hogwarts students' excitement. She grinned as her friend shook hands with Dumbledore before following the other champions.