t w e n t y - t w o

Start from the beginning

even if it was just friends- he really did like having mike with him.

▪ ▪ ▪ 

and the smile didn't leave his face even as he was climbing the stairs to his room, after having said goodbye to mike at the door (he had a party to attend- he offered will to come along but will couldn't have turned him down quicker, he was still getting over that last party).

he felt so happy, almost high with joy. he felt he was floating up the stairs, because everything just seemed to work out so perfect; maybe he and mike were always supposed to be just friends. he didn't care about those other feelings- those would disappear. being friends with mike meant he got to see mike and tyler. he got to hang out with mike and still keep his boyfriend.

his boyfriend, who would undoubtedly be waiting in his room. he was filled with a sudden wave of apprication towards tyler: how could a day be more perfect than this? he got to spend time with mike, and now he would get to see his incredibly hot, incredibly loving boyfriend. all that worry, all that panic- it didn't seem real anymore. 

he couldn't wait to see tyler, because now that he had mike too (in a platonic way) he felt he could be with him fully. let go of all that hesitance, and just be with tyler.

so when he opened the door to his room and saw tyler on his bed, his smile just grew wider.
"hey!" he exclaimed, making tyler turned towards him.

he waited for his lips to spread into that smile he always wore, waited for tyler's eyes to sprakle with the happiness they always sparkled with when he saw will. 

but neither came. 

"where were you?" tyler muttered, his voice perfectly calm... but somehow shaking. as if the calm was barely even there at all, masking a different type of feeling...

will laughed slightly, still too happy to fully notice the weird edge in his words. "i was at the restaurant! you know that-"

"20 minutes," tyler cut him off, "you said 20 minutes."

will honestly didn't understand for a second- and then realized: he had promised to meet tyler back here after twenty minutes. it had been... at least an hour. maybe a bit more.

"oh my god, ty, i'm so sorry i'm late! i lost track of time! but at least i'm here now and-" will tried- but tyler burst in once again.

"i was fucking waiting for you. you said twenty minutes, i trusted you! and you don't even have the fucking courtesy to let me know you're okay, you don't call or anything!"

the calm was definitely gone now. tyler's voice was vibrating with anger, his lips pulled back in this almost... animal-like expression. he had risen to his feet and was staring straight at will.

he looked mad. really, really mad- and this time will couldn't deny the panic twisting his stomach.
but he still tried, trying a shaky laugh before starting again-"my phone is broken, you know that!"

"you don't call or anything!" tyler called again, ignoring will's words. his voice was slowly rising to a yell: "i let you come back from the restaurant alone and you abuse my trust like that? i thought something happened to you! i was fucking worried!"

his words were freaking will out- he was talking like will had done something so unforgivable. he was talking like will being 40 minutes late was the worst thing to ever happen- but worse of all, he was talking like will owed him something, like will was his property. 

and maybe will would've argued, maybe he wanted to- but tyler's erratic behavior scared him into shutting up. without even fully being aware of it, his arms felt the closed door behind his back... almost looking for a way of escape. 

like they knew what would happen before it even happened.

"look ty, i'm sorry-" will tried once more, keeping his voice as calming and even as he could: but tyler seemed to be beyond listening.

"abusing my trust like that! do you understand how worried i was?" he roared, and before will could react he was walking towards him, fast- too fast for the tiny space that separated them- and before will could react, his hands not having found the door handle yet... before he could even blink tyler's arm was grabbing his t-shirt by the collar, his face so close he could feel his hot breath on his face.

"tyler, tyler-" will tried frantically, "i'm really sorry tyler, i'm really really sorry!" 

but once again tyler didn't seem to even hear. suddenly will's feet left the floor, his back slammed across the wall as tyler lifted him up slightly.

he could barely hold in his tears, his breaths short and quick as he tried to apologize- over and over again.

even though he had nothing to apologize for. even though he didn't quite understand how they had gotten there so quick.

"you can't make me worry like that!" tyler yelled, "you can't fucking make me-"

"tyler please!" will called back, his voice as lous as possible, "please, please, i'm so sorry, please don't- please, please!" he begged, but even his yelling didn't seem to phase tyler.

all that panic, all those bizarre feeling about tyler- they were about this tyler. this tyler that was nothing like will had ever seen in him before, and yet his gut had always known was there.

"don't ever do that again!" tyler yelled, "do you understand??"

and suddenly will's words betrayed him, his throat too full of tears for words to come out. he tried nodding, nodding as fast as he could... but it didn't matter.

"do you fucking understand?" he roared. but will's nodding didn't matter, just as he known it wouldn't- just as his hands had known, trying to find their way out even before this started. 

because he knew what would happen, he knew it even before he felt tyler's palm smack across his face.

"don't, do, that, ever, again!" tyler yelled, and after each word his hand slammed into will's face.
"ever!"

and then he turned will around and threw him to the adjacent wall, will hitting the it with a bang as he tumbled to the floor, blood spurting from his forehead.

and then it was quiet.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟒𝐭𝐡. 𝟏𝟔𝟓𝟓 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬.