5.9.2

The pack was splitting apart. No one was really talking to each other unless it dealt with the supernatural and everyone was keeping secrets from each other. Mallison wasn't even talking to each other. After the meeting where Madi found out they tried to set her up, she got pissed and snapped at Allison. Now Allison was upset that Madi didn't take the help and Madi was upset they thought she needed guidance.

So, no one was talking to each other. Madi had been sleeping on the couch so if Allison was to ever wake up, she wouldn't know if Madi had been awake the whole night or not. In fact, she also couldn't hear Madi talking in her sleep. The night terrors she got. She wouldn't scream when she awoke but they were still pretty bad.

Madi lays on the couch as she stares up at the ceiling, having woken up from a nightmare a few minutes ago. She hears her cellphone going off and sits up with a sigh. She picks up the phone without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?" She answers. "Madison" She pulls the phone away, looking at it. "Hi, uh, Mr. Argent. What a surprise" She answers. She glances upstairs before heading out of the loft and into the hallway. "How are you?" She asks him. "I'm good. How's Allison?" Chris wonders. "She's doing fine. Everything's fine over here" Madi lies.

"How are you?" Chris asks. "I'm good" She says. "Is there a reason you called, Mr. Argent?" "Chris" "Chris" Madi corrects herself. "I was wondering the same thing. You called a couple weeks ago" Madi wracks her brain for why she would have called him a couple weeks ago. The ring. Her eyes widen.

She'd been so caught up with everything that's been going on lately, she had forgotten her main goal of proposing to Allison by the end of their senior year. "Right, I-I did call for a reason" Madi nods her head. "Okay" Argent nods. "So, I-I know we had issues in the past and all so I won't be mad if you say no. Well, I will, but I won't say anything" She starts off. "Okay?" Chris says.

"I was wondering if you'd....give me permission to marry your daughter?" Madi says hopefully. It's silent for a few moments which causes Madi to start tapping her foot. "Madison" Chris says seriously. "I get if you don't want-" "Madison" He cuts her off firmly and Madi stops talking.

"If I were to give anyone permission to marry my daughter....it would be you" He finishes off. "I knew you were gonna say that. Look, I love your daughter...wait a second. What did you say?" She asks. "You can marry Allison" He repeats, this time in amusement. "Like, you're serious?" She asks and Chris chuckles.

"She wouldn't even be alive right now if it wasn't for you. You make her happy. That's why I trusted you in keeping her safe while I left. You can marry her" He tells her and she frowns. She was put in charge of Allison. Supposed to be keeping her safe. And now, they were fighting. Fighting because Allison was just trying to help Madi and Madi snapped at her because she didn't want people to find out about what was happening with her.

"Madi, don't buy her a ring" Chris adds, snapping Madi out of it. "What?" She asks confused. "I've got a perfect ring for her. It belonged to....Victoria. It was her engagement ring. I know she tried to kill you, but it'd make Allison happy if you used it. I'll send it to you as soon as I can" Chris explains and Madi smiles. "Thanks, Chris" Madi smiles appreciatively. "No problem. And Madi. If anything happens with any of you, you call me. Okay?" "Of course" Madi agrees before hanging up.

Now, she just had to talk to Allison. Talk things out with her. She makes her way into the loft and up the stairs. She stops in front of the closed bedroom door. She hesitantly knocks. "Allison?" She calls out softly. No answer. She tries again. "Allison, can we talk?" Madi tries again. Nothing. She slowly opens the door and sees Allison sat on the edge, her back facing her, phone in hand.