4.10.2

Derek and Braeden also came to help us for more protection. As we wait, Allison and I talk by ourselves away from everyone else. "If Brunski was still alive right now, I'd go down there and kill him myself" I grumble as I look over Allison's bow. "So I've been told" Allison nods. "Well, when I heard what he did to you all, it scared me. I don't need you getting hurt again" I tell her seriously.

"Like you have room to talk. You were almost burned to death, Madi" Allison points out. I sigh as I think about it. "What a way to go, huh? Manage to escape the Hale fire only to be burned alive by some assassins" I scoff. "And you wonder why I worry about you" Allison shakes her head at me. "You know you love to worry about me" I wave it off. "Whatever" She rolls her eyes.

I look over at the Satomi's pack who were all talking with each other and then at our pack who were getting their weapons ready. "Have I ever mentioned how hot I think you look in your lacrosse jersey?" I look over at Allison with a raised eyebrow who was looking me up and down appreciatively. "I guess I'll put that on the list of 'outfits to wear to impress Allison' along with hospital scrubs" I scoff. "That and your leather jacket" She nods and I roll my eyes with a smile.

"You're ridiculous" I tell her. "You know you love me" She waves me off in a mocking tone. "Yeah, yeah" I sigh. I see the pack talking with each other. "Come on. Let's go see what they're talking about" Allison and I walk towards the group of Kira, Scott, Derek and Braeden. "Am I only the one still hoping this is all just a false alarm?" Kira brings up as we walk towards them.

"I mean, it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens. Right?" Kira asks hopefully. Scott, Derek and I give each other a look. That's not how it usually works around here. "Scott, you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?" Braeden brings up. "Lydia's still talking to Meredith. Stiles and Malia are headed to the lake house. They're trying to stop it." Scott explains.

"What if there is no stopping it?" Brett brings up from behind. We all turn to look back at him. "What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?" He adds as a silence takes over. "Then let's send a message. Let's make tonight perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list. It doesn't matter if they're professional assassins, hunters, or an amateur who just picked up a gun." Derek explains as he holds up his gun.

"Anyone who thinks they can hunt and kill us for money, is gonna be put on another list. Our list. They get to be a name on our dead pool." Derek says as Braeden cocks her gun and I nod with a smile. "Damn, right. Let's kick some assassin ass" I nod.

~~~

As we're waiting for something to happen, I start pacing around. Things were about to get bad. 'You doing okay?" I look over to see Derek stood there with his arms crossed. "Uh, I think so" I nod, continuing to pace. "How's your power?" He brings up. "My power?" I ask, stopping in my spot and he nods. "Oh, my Empath one? Still gone" I sigh and he frowns. "And your werewolf powers are gone" I bring up and he nods. "Have you seen the lists?" I bring up and he raises an eyebrow at me.

"I mean, the cipher keys. Both of our names are one of the cipher keys. And the other one was Aiden. Someone who's dead. You know what else happened? A bunch of these papers of the dead pool had started printing out with names of the dead crossed out. Guess who's names weren't on those lists anymore? Ours. Does that not worry you?" I ask. "Of course that worries me, Madi. I may not show it but it does worry me." He tells me.

"I just...what if this has something to do with whatever Kate did to us?" I ask worriedly. "We've survived Kate before. She tried to burn us and our family alive but she didn't kill us. We can survive her again" He asures. I sigh and nod. "It'll be okay" He adds. The alarm that Argent set up starts going off causing us to all look. Argent starts to move towards the door as Derek and I look at each other. "Come on" He says and I follow him only to be stopped by Allison.

"Be careful. For me" She tells me and I nod. "You too" I tell her before following after Derek. A smoke grenade is thrown. "Get back!" Braeden yells and people come running in, shooting their machine guns as everyone starts hiding. Derek and I hide behind a wall, Derek bringing out his pistol and starting to shoot back. They spot us and shoot towards our area and Derek rolls out of the way as I follow after him.

"Stay here" He tells me once we're under a desk. "No way. I'm helping" I deny. "I'm serious" He says before getting out and shooting at them again. After a little bit, I get out again, walking up behind one of the guys and grabbing him. A guy goes to point it at me but shoots the guy I'm holding instead. I drop him and growl at the other guy. He goes to shoot at me but I quickly dodge it before walking towards him, elbowing him in the face.

Gunshots continue to fire all around us. Everything seemed to be silent around me as I took in the surroundings of everything. The gun shots, the fighting, the growls, the sounds of claws slashing against flesh. I'm taken out of it though as a guy hits his gun into my face, breaking my nose. "Fuck!" I exclaim before taking the gun from him and pointing it towards the ceiling, bending it as he watches with wide eyes. I put it over his hands to where he can't do anything and tighten it. "What the..." he breathes as I crack my nose back into place with a wince.

I then punch him in the face, hard, knocking him unconscious and breaking his nose as I smile victoriously. I apparently had a gunshot here or there but thanks to all this adrenaline, I couldn't really feel anything. I look over and see Scott on top of one of the guys, continuously slashing his claws over the guy's chest and stomach. His face though was what caught my attention. It was turning darker. More animal like. I had to stop him before he did something he'd regret. Brett's sister was looking on in terror.

He goes to raise a hand and lay a final blow but I grab it and he turns to look at me as I give him a sympathetic look. I knew how he felt. That animalistic feeling bubbling up inside, about to burst out any second. The rage you feel that makes you just want to rip someone apart. That's how I felt when I killed my father. Which is how I also knew, if he did lay the final blow...he'd feel something for the rest of his life. And I wasn't about to let him go through that. "It's not worth it Scott" I call out over the noise, shaking my head.

His face goes back to normal and I slowly let go of his hand as he realizes what he almost did. We hear a cell phone going off and both look at each other. The gunshots stop as cell phones all over start going off. The assassins start backing off as the cell phone from the guy under Scott goes off. Scott reaches into his pocket, looking it over. I smile. They did it. The dead pool was over. Scott turns the phone over the guy, who had blood all around his mouth and shows him the message: The Benefactor: All contracts terminated.

He drops the phone and I help him off the guy. The ground was littered in bodies of assassins but I think most of them were either unconscious or shot by other assassins. "You stopped me" He breathes out. "I wasn't about to let you go through what I had to" I tell him and he smiles as we hug, thankful this whole thing was over. We walk around as Kira comes up beside us as well as Derek and Braeden, looking around at the bodies. We were all littered in wounds. Satomi and her pack come out of hiding.

Allison and Chris walk towards us as well, Allison sending me a smile which I return. We were all okay. Chris goes to check on the pack as Scott and Kira walk away to talk, leaving Allison and I. "Are you okay?" I ask, looking her over. "Couldn't even get a hit on me" She smiles. "Nice" I nod. "What about you?" She asks, putting her hand around one of my gun shot wounds. "I'm okay." I nod. "The dead pools over" She smiles.

"I know. That's good" I nod. "That also means, you and Derek..." She trails off, starting to think about it. "I'm not too sure about that Allison. Those keywords came from Lydia. A banshee who predicts death" I point out and she frowns. "Let's not think about that right now though, okay? Because after this, I'm gonna need about a dozen showers" I scoff and she smiles.

"Can I join?" Allison asks. I look over at her with wide eyes. "I-I mean. If-if y-you want to" I rub the back of my neck as she giggles. "Madi, I was just joking...for now" She winks and walks away to go talk to her father as I watch after her with my jaw gaped open in shock. "Are you okay? Why does your face look so red?" Scott brings up as him and Kira come up beside me.

"It's hot in here!" I blurt out. Kira and Scott give each other a look. "You know, I just remembered...uh...I forgot to feed the dog! Right! I'll see you!" I start speed walking away as I hear Scott and Kira talking. "She got a dog?" Scott asks confused. "Why haven't I met him yet?" Kira scoffs. That Argent was gonna be the death of me. And to be honest, I was all here for it.