4.7.2

Stiles, Scott, Kira, Malia and I stand in line, waiting for the SATs to start. "Where's Lydia?" Kira wonders, looking around. "She took it her freshman year." Stiles sighs. Malia snaps her head over to look at Stiles. "Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?" Malia asks.

"Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us." Scott asures her. "Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good" Malia scoffs. "Well..." Stiles trails off. Malia looks over at him when he doesn't continue. "Well, what?" Malia questions. "It's do well, not good" Stiles corrects her. "God!" Malia exclaims as I roll my eyes.

"I didn't know you were the grammar police all of a sudden, Stilinski. Did I say that sentence right?" I ask sarcastically and Stiles gives me a fake laugh as Scott rolls his eyes at the both of us. "Malia, you're doing this, because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live. If I survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good college." Scott gives her a pep talk.

"It's only three hours. We can survive three hours." Kira adds. I scoff as she looks at me. "You obviously forgot what town this is if you think that's the case" I chuckle in amusement. The line starts moving and we start slowly going into the classroom. There was a teacher I've never seen before stood behind the desk, stamping papers with his ink padded thumb.

Lydia's mom was stood beside the desk with envelopes in her hand for us to put our phones into. I notice as the guy hands Scott his paper, he had an unsettling smile plastered on his face. I nudge Stiles and he glances at me. "Anything seem off to you about that guy? Have you ever seen him around here before?" I ask, looking the guy over suspiciously.

Stiles looks him over himself. "No, I haven't. Maybe his face is just normally that creepy looking" He shrugs it off. I sigh, shrugging it off as well, but I couldn't get the feeling in the pit of my stomach to go away. Something bad was going to happen. He hands me my paper after stamping it and sends me a tight-lipped smile. I send him a nod back before turning to Natalie.

"Hi, Natalie." I smile. "Hi, Madi. Think you'll do well?" She asks and my mind automatically travels back to the conversation we just had out in the hallway with "good" and "well". I shake my head. "Hopefully. Fingers crossed" I sigh, crossing my fingers as I put my phone in the envelope. I take a seat behind Stiles, who had a pencil in his mouth as well as a pencil behind his ear. I take the one behind his ear, realizing I forgot to grab one.

He turns around to protest, his book opened as he was glancing through it. I give him a shrug as we hear the one guy speaking. "Please do not open the test booklet until you are instructed to do so." The guy says and Stiles turns back around, quickly shutting his booklet like he didn't have it open. He sends me back a glare before turning back to the front as I send him an innocent smile.

"This test is two hours and 10 minutes. There will be two 25-minute critical reading sections, two 25-minute math sections and an essay writing portion that will last 30 minutes." The guy explains. I wish I knew his name. He turns to look at Natalie. "There are supposed to be two teachers monitoring this exam." He tells her.

"I know. It's Coach. He's not exactly punctual. Um, let me just try him again." Natalie says, grabbing her phone and leaving the classroom. Leaving us alone with Jeepers Creepers up there. We wait for her to come back as he continues to read to us everything we need to know, occasionally glancing around the room with his lips curved into a slight smirk.

I narrow my eyes at him. Soon, Natalie comes back, shrugging her shoulders. "I can't find him, but Mr. Yukimura is upstairs grading papers. Do you want me to try him?" Natalie suggests. "We have to start. We can ask for his assistance during the first break." Creepers tells her. He clicks something on his watch before looking up at us. "You may now open your test booklets and begin." Creepers announces to us.