I Fell In Love With A Suicidal Emo Chapter 15

Start from the beginning

"Do you think daddy will like these?" She asked her daughter who was standing next to her.

"Yeah," Her daughter quietly replied as she handed them to her to hold.

I looked over to mum and Eva.

"Do you think your uncle will like these?" Eva asked, teasing me.

I laughed but then thought of the disturbing side of things. It made me feel sick.

"I think you traumatized my daughter," Mum laughed at Eva.

"It sure didn't take a lot." She shrugged her shoulders then continued shopping.

After hours walking around into different stores, we stopped at a cafe for lunch.

"Are you and Courtney still the best of friends?" Eva tried to make small talk as we ate.

"I don't think so," I remembered yesterday at the hospital and almost shed a tear.

"What happened?" Mum asked.

"She asked me to choose between her and the boy I like." I explained.

Eva grinned at me, "What's his name, is he on the football team?" she leaned in closer to me from across the table.

"His name is Slayter and no, he's not on the football team but he came to see me cheer at the game on Friday." I spoke with excitement.

"So when do we get to meet Slayter," Mum smiled at me.

"Not for a while," Eva gave me a sad pout.

"I doubt he'll come over our house and apart from there the only place we can bump into him is here." I explained.

A huge grin pulled up onto Eva's face.

"You better watch out for that grin." Mum warned me.

"We could look around the mall for him now or come back another day with Tiff." She looked excited.

"I think we should come back another day with Tiff, but not to hunt down Slayter." I gave her a warning look and she lifted her hands in surrender.

"Fine," She said before continuing to eat her meal.

Gladly after that no one mentioned anything about Slayter or Courtney. We shopped until the shops started to close. I was happy with how the day went. For once in two days I didn't cry which means I didn't have embarrassing bags under my eyes.

Once we got home I ran upstairs to use the new exfoliating facial mask I bought from the body shop. I made a warm bubble bath for myself as I stripped off into my bath robe. I gently rubbed the facial mask onto my face then realised I forgot the cucumbers. I slipped on my slippers and walked downstairs into the kitchen.

I cut two slices of cucumber and placed them in a small plate. I turned around to find my dad standing behind me.

"Why do you always do that?" He asked.

"It makes my skin soft and clear." I explained.

"You don't need all this stuff, you're beautiful the way you are." He kept a serious face as he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Really?" It sounded almost like a whisper.

"Yeah," He half smiled.

"Well, I want to be gorgeous and smoking hot!" I replied with a bit of attitude.

His smile dropped and his face fell plain as I walked past him and out the door.

"Next time you give me attitude you'll be walking out crying." He spoke with an angry tone. It gave me shivers. I wish mum heard that threat.

"I doubt that!" I yelled to him from half way up the stairs.

He walked out of the kitchen and stood at the foot of the stairs, "Watch yourself," He warned. His face was red and his eyes were piercing.

I walked the rest of the way upstairs backwards, so I could keep my eye on him.

I ran the rest of the way to my room then I locked the door. Once I chose a CD and put it in my stereo, I took my robe off and slipped into the bath. I placed the cucumbers over my eyes and started to reminisce about my life.

Everything was peaceful until my phone rang. I peeled the cucumbers off my eyes and slipped out of the bath. I walked to my bed side table where I left my phone. I looked at the caller Id, It was Courtney. I slowly picked up my phone and said, "Hello," hoping to hear an apology from the other side.

"You're off the squad don't bother coming to practise tomorrow." Courtney spoke blankly.

"What?!" I unintentionally yelled into the phone.

"Gosh! Are you trying to make me deaf? And you heard me, you're off the team! We're all going to tell coach tomorrow." She raised her voice with attitude.

"Court, please don't do this." I begged as a tear slid down my face.

"Too late, and don't call me Court." She spoke harshly before she hung up.

I felt like I was being torn to pieces.

"This can't be happening," I said to myself numerous times as I cried.

**********************************************************