Chapter 12

Mindy

When Mindy got to Paul's house, there were so many things going on in her brain she thought she might just break down and cry. Paul opened the door to his apartment and held it for her to go in first before he shut the door behind him and turned on the lights. He threw his keys on the coffee table and went to the fridge pulling out two beers and met her on the sofa and took a seat.

He twisted off the top of her beer handing it to her and then doing his own. "I had something I wanted to talk to you about, but now I think we both have some secrets that we need to get out into the air."

"Yes, I guess we should." She agreed.

"So, you and Dax..." He started.

"I guess you could say we were dating for a long time." She started.

"Just dating, not boyfriend and girlfriend?" He asked.

"Dax never considered me his girlfriend... I was just someone in his life." She said.

"What did you consider him?" He asked, but she sat back and didn't want to answer. "Mindy, I love you. You can tell me the truth gorgeous." He urged.

Her eyes dropped and she placed the beer on the table. "I was in love with Dax. I loved him so much that you could say... it drove me crazy. He was my world, he was my life, and like I said before, I became a terrible person all to get him to love me. I even sold out Addison so he would take me back, and Jimmy at the time was severely abusing her. But I didn't care." She confessed.

"I'm sure it wasn't as bad as your thinking." He tried to reassure her, but she shook her head.

"Look, I never said anything about my mom, my dad, or how I grew up because it was so fucked up Pual... I mean it was really fucked up." She whispered.

"Then why don't you tell me so I can understand." He offered.

All she could do was nod. She really did love Paul, her heart hurt when she saw Dax, but she loved Paul and wanted more than anything to make this work with him. "We all grew up in a group home. Me, Ad, Tia, Lynn, Margie, Jimmy, Jones, Howie, Nickels, and of course Dax. After Ad and Tia came, Mary Beth, became like our mother. She loved us and fought for us all to stay together. We all bonded because we all came from really messed up backgrounds... and we all dated one another." She admitted glancing up at him.

Paul squinted at her then nodded. "Meaning, you all fooled around as well." He guessed.

"Yes. But Mary Beth would never allow anything under her roof, but we were a bunch of rebellious kids, which she knew all too well. As you already know now how Ad was with, Margie, Lynn, Tia and Howie, and I had Dax. I fell in love with him when I was just nine years old."

"That's really young."

"Yeah, when we were younger, I think he did feel something for me. But unlike the other girls, Dax had cheated on me before, I was just to fucked up in the head to care. I loved him and I would have done anything to make him love me as much as I loved him. But in the end, it didn't matter if he loved me or not, I just wanted him to let me be in his life." She admitted.

"Mindy, I just, I don't know what to say."

"Nothing, don't say anything. I just wanted you to know that there is a part of me that is just like my mother and there is nothing I can do about it." She whispered wiping some tears from her face.

"What happened to your mom?" He asked.

"She killed herself." She shrugged.

"Mindy, I'm so sorry." He whispered taking her hands in his.