Chapter 11

Paul

He stood in the hot shower at the gym, after his sparring practice, thinking about Mindy and how she was going to react about the news that Heath just told him. It seemed that he was climbing up the ranks pretty damn fast, and now the next couple fights were going to be out of town, which was great for him and his career, but not sure about his relationship.

Things had been going really good between him and Mindy and damn it felt good to have that woman in his life. But he's learned a lot about her life before coming to Nashville, and her and her friends went through hell with the guys they were with... and the womanizing that went on when they were on the road.

His hands went through his wet hair before turning off the water and started drying off before sitting on the bench and glanced up at the clock. "Mindy's off in two hours." He murmured knowing that telling her sooner was going to be better than telling her later. But first, he was going to stop by his mom's place to check in on her before going to the coffee shop.

When he got to his mom's place, he saw his sister's car parked out front and wondered why he didn't get a call that Sara was home, and then went up and knocked on the door before walking in. "Mom, Sara... you here?" He called out.

"No, but I am!" His little brother chuckled coming around the corner with a sandwich in hand.

"Where's mom and Sara at?" He asked.

"Sara took her out, you know, a girl kind of thing... or at least that's what I was told." Boden shrugged sitting on the sofa.

"Then where's your truck at?" He asked coming over and stealing the other have of the sandwich.

"Hey, asshole go get your own." Boden bitched but then sighed. "It's broke down again."

"I think it's time to get rid of the old girl and upgrade." He suggested.

"Hell no, that was pop's truck. I'll have her till the day I die." Boden growled.

"That might be sooner than you might think." He chuckled.

"So, about Mindy..." Boden grinned and he kicked his feet up.

"So, what?"

"Have you asked Mindy about what she did before she came to Nashville?"

"No, I kind of got the feeling she wanted to leave her past where it is, in the past." He informed his little brother.

"Yeah, but did you know just how fucking big she was?" Boden stated.

"Yeah, remember that night at the honky tonk." He shrugged.

"Damn it brother, look what I found out about her, you won't believe it!" Boden then said coming to sit next to him.

"What the hell..." He sighed as his brother had his cell in hand bringing up some articles.

"Did you know that Mindy dated Mitchel Stewart?"

"Yeah great." He said only bothering to take a glance.

"Not only that but she was with Dax Coxx for what it seems like a really long time. You've got some major competition to live up to brother. That guy is a total badass... man, it must suck to be you." Boden laughed.

Paul took the cell from Boden's hand and looked over the photos of Mindy and this guy Dax, and they went back a long ass time. "I wonder if this guy was the fucker who hurt her so badly?" He murmured.

"What?"

"Nothing, I was just thinkin' is all." He answered.

"Well, not to be a dick or anything, but have you told Mindy about Rachel?"