Chapter 9

Paul

He laid on the bed feeling like his dick was going to burst out of his jeans when he heard Mindy's voice sound a little frantic. He got up and walked out to the front room and saw her pacing as she tried to calm the other voice he could hear in a panic on the phone. "Hey gorgeous, what's going on?" He asked making his way to her.

Mindy stopped and turned around with a frown on her face, but there was more to it, she was scared. "Hey, what's going on?" He asked again, but this time no teasing to it.

Her hand went over the cell, and she brought it down from her face and held it to her bare chest. "Do you think you could drive me over to Addison's place. I need to go check in with Tia, she can't get ahold of Addison and... something's happened, and I can't figure out what she's saying to me because she's crying so hard." She explained.

His hands went to his hair as he pushed it out of his face, and then nodded going to the back room to get his shirt and keys. "Yeah, of course. Tell her we're on our way."

She nodded, and he could see her whole body relax. "Thanks..." And then, "Tia, Tia, calm down sweetie, I'm on my way over right now, then you can tell me what's going on." She said hurrying right behind him. She found her shirt on the floor and put in on. "I'm really sorry about this." She murmured.

His shirt went over his head, and then stopped and looked at her. She was stiff and wouldn't look at him, so he went over and took her in his arms. "Hey, look at me." He murmured, but then lifted her face with his finger so she would look at him, then he saw the look on her face. "I'm not mad gorgeous, shit happens. If my mom called, or my brother or sister, hell, if Tripp called and needed me for something important. I would do the same thing." He assured her.

"Okay, thanks." She whispered staring back at him with those big brown eyes making him groan before he leaned down to kiss her.

"Come on, let's get going before I forget that we need to go." He growled, then as she turned to leave he smacked her little round ass.

As they drove, Mindy was frantically trying to get ahold of her friends Addison and Lynn, but couldn't. When they pulled up to the little yellow house, Mindy jumped out of the car as soon as he stopped and ran to the front door and walked in.

He parked the car and then followed into the house only to give a quick knock before he walked in. Mindy's arm was around her friend, who was nothing more than a wisp of a woman, small, blond hair with pale blue eyes, and could tell even with her being very pregnant, had one hell of a figure. But the first time he met her, she seemed almost childlike to him.

Both the girls were on the sofa as Tia showed Mindy what had set her off on the tablet while she was hyperventilating. Mindy was watching the video a rock concert as he walked up alongside them. The guys came off the stage, and a woman put a mic in their face and wondered what the hell he was missing when Mindy gasped... who the fuck were these guys to her to get such a reaction?

"You see?" Tia said wiping the tears from her face with her hands.

"It could be nothing sweetie, you know how guys are when they're on the road." She tried to explain.

"He had his arm around that slut, Mindy, and she was kissing on him! Why would he do this?" Tia cried.

Mindy looked up at him, bit her lip, and then back at Tia. "You know what, Paul's brother is in a band, so he knows all about these things like we do. I bet if we showed him what was going on, he could tell you what he thought. You know, get a guys perspective." She offered as she got up from the sofa and went over to him. "Would you mind helping us out and telling us what you think?" She said hinting at him.