Chapter 4

Paul

The café was busy when he left that afternoon and made his way over to the gym. He was glad he decided to hire a couple more people since he'd decided to start fighting again. But now he had to call Heath to let him know that he was coming in early... and leaving early to.

So when he walked into the gym, with his bag in hand, the pissed off look on Heath's face told him all he needed to know. "So what's going on for you not to train and then rest tonight?" Heath growled.

"I have a date tonight." Paul shrugged heading into the lockers.

"Wait, what... really?" Heath shouted to his back.

He chuckled as he went to go change and when he walked back out, not only was Heath standing there waiting for him, but Jedd as well. "What the hell are you two assholes looking at?" He laughed as he started stretching.

"Well we're wondering who you're taking out since we haven't heard you talk about a woman in like, I don't know, fucking forever!" Jedd laughed.

"Well today isn't the day to start talking about it then... we got to get to work. I have a big fight tomorrow, remember?" He smirked knowing that him not saying anything was eatin' them up alive.

"I remember that, but do you? You know you shouldn't be off fuckin' around the night before a fight... that's bad luck." Heath growled.

"I don't think a beer or two is going to throw me off my game." He shrugged.

"What? You mean this is more than chasin' skirt and getting yourself a piece?" Jedd asked, but looked surprised when Paul didn't say anything. "Holy shit Perry, you must really like this chick!"

"Come on let's get to work, I want to be out of here by five thirty so I can get ready." He sighed not wanting to get into it with these guys.

"Come on dick head, give us a little something here. You taking a woman out is like the second coming of Christ." Jedd laughed wrapping his hands.

"You guys are fucking hilarious. But I am taking her to the Blue Devil tonight to hear Bowden play... She called it western music." He chuckled to himself thinking about it.

"Western music... where the fuck is she from?" Jedd then asked.

"That's it, that's all you're going to give us? Damn talk about tight lipped. Is she a dog or something?" Jedd smirked.

"You're such a prick... and no, she's not a dog. She just so happens to be the hottest damn thing you'd ever seen." He smiled.

"Alright you two, lets get down to business. Jedd shut your trap and get onto the mat and get ready... are you ready Perry?" Heath asked.

"Come on, do I really need to get ready when I'm sparing Jedd?" He grinned.

"Oh that's it, I'm so not going easy on you jackass." Jedd chuckled.

"Alright, let's go..." Heath laughed.

It was a couple hours later when he finally got back to his place. He was feeling pretty good about tomorrows fight, even though he knew that Steve Durant wasn't going to be an easy win. Hell, a couple years ago Steve wasn't even in the same league as him, but shit changes, and here he was starting all over again.

He finished off his protein shake and then went to go take a nice hot shower to relax his muscles. He glanced at his cell before he got into the shower only to see that Mindy hadn't texted over her address yet. "Shit..."

After that he just left the cell on the sink, and leaned his head against the wall thinking about tomorrows fight. He groaned as he rubbed the back of his neck, and then his cell dinged. He reached out from the shower seeing who it was and when he saw it was Mindy who had texted him her address, he couldn't help but grin. "I guess we're on then, Hot damn." He chuckled going back under the hot spray and letting the water run down his back.