Chapter 31

Louis Tomlinson

It's Harry's birthday today and like everyone does, I'll not talk about it or about his family. The day passed as usual, 8 am to 12 pm college, I know it's a short time for doing college but it's not like you're moving anywhere just switching tabs. Then, I went to work early so that I get back earlier than Harry and do the decorations. I know I'm a simple guy but that's what on my budget I have.

Throughout the day, we only talk about random things and that's it. I guess he knows my plan but at the time same he doesn't know what I'm gonna do. It's 7 in the evening and I leave for work. He asked me with confusion, "Where are you going?" "Uh... I've been assigned some things from the college so I thought to go to work and then return home to do my stuff." I faked a smile not wanting him to know that I'm lying. He nodded and I go to the store.

I reach there and the manager looks at me with confusion and asks, "What are you doing here now? You were supposed to start at 9." I said nervously with the lie I told to Harry. He then says with his raspy tone, "Ok but next time I won't let you to that again." I nodded and start working.

It's been 2 hours and now Harry will come. I pack up and head towards the door. I bumped into someone and then I looked up and saw Harry. "Hey, you're done?" He asks with a frowning smile. "Yeah and now I gotta quickly start with the college stuff. So, see ya later?" "Yeah see ya later." He sounded as if his voice cracked a bit but I mind out knowing that he's sad and homesick. I did assured him that I'll make him feel better even though we're staying really far away from our actual home.

I get back home with a cake in my hand and throw my bag on the couch and start working on the decorations. I tried to keep it as simple as possible because he isn't a kid anymore. He's 19 today.

I lit up the room dimly and made a box filled with bits of paper. I hung it up behind the door such that the opening faced down with its back on the ceiling. I attached a string and made a mechanism such that when he opens the door, the string pulls out and the box opens to pour the paper on him. I put the cake on a plate and covered it. I then finally took a shower and got dressed as fast as possible as it was the time he was about to come home.
_______________________

What do you think Louis has in his mind besides this whole surprise thing? And also this part is the cutest part for me.