14

Jisoo was standing beneath the treehouse in Jennie's courtyard.

After getting off of filming that evening, the brunette had finally called Jisoo and asked to meet up with her at their secret place.

Although her heart was weighing down what Sehun had said earlier that day, Jisoo had brushed them aside after receiving the call from Jennie.

She knew that Sehun was right, and that she should learn to open her heart to someone else, but it's too soon. She needed some more time to figure out her feelings first. Her feelings for Jennie ran deep, she couldn't just forget about the younger girl when she wanted.

Taking a deep breath to herself, the raven begins to climb the ladder.

Her lips curve into a smile when her eyes land on Jennie's slim figure within the brightly lit treehouse. Her smile widens after spotting the sparkling diamond watch on the younger's arm. She walks inside and sat down beside Jennie.

Jisoo: Nyeong-an Jendeuk.

Jennie turns to Jisoo and greets her with a smile.

Jennie: Hey Chu.

Jisoo's eyes sparkle at the sight of Jennie's smile, her tiredness slowly seeping away.

Jisoo: So, what pleasure do I owe to have you call me today?

The raven guessed that Jennie had called her out to personally thank her for the watch, but decided to act oblivious to it.

Her eyes glances at the watch on Jennie's wrist, while mentally thanking Yeri and her team for being able to craft such a beautiful watch.

Jennie: I wanted you to be the first one to hear the good news before we let everyone else know.

Jisoo was trying to figure out what Jennie had  meant when the brunette quickly explained.

Jennie: Lisa and I are getting married soon.

Jisoo's smile faded as she gazes at the bright smile spread across Jennie's features. She was left speechless, not knowing how to reply to the sudden news.

Nonetheless, the raven quickly regains her composure and forces a smile.

Jisoo: Really?

Jennie nodded eagerly in reply, unable to contain the excitement any longer.

Jennie: Before, I had been a bit unsure about where we stand. But then...

The brunette unlatched the watch on her wrist and tenderly runs a hand over it.

Jisoo's eyes lit up with realization as she felt her fragile heart shatter inside her.

Oblivious to Jisoo's sorrow, Jennie's eyes remains fixated on the watch in her hand.

Jennie: After finding this watch in my office yesterday, I didn't know who had given it to me. It wasn't until my secretary had told me that Lisa had been in my office that morning did I realize how wrong I had been before.

A tender smile makes its way onto Jennie's lips, as Jisoo was trying to mend the pieces of her broken heart, strengthening her resolve to ensure her two best friends' happiness.

Jennie: She really does get me Chu. All this time, all of my doubt, I had been worked up over nothing. I mean it was silly of me to even doubt the path that I had chose to walk on.

Jisoo reels in her emotions as she kept the smile plastered on her face. She reaches over and takes Jennie's hand with her own and gives it a light squeeze.