01

August 12, 2013

"Jisoo!"

Jisoo turns around at the sound of her name. Her face brightens up upon seeing her childhood best friend.

Jisoo: Lalisa! What's up?

Lisa glances around the school's hallways, making sure that no one was eavesdropping. After a bit, she turns back to face Jisoo, a wide grin spread across her face.

Lisa: I'm gonna ask Jennie to be my girlfriend.

The younger's statement sent a stroke of pain through Jisoo's heart. However, she decides to bury her feelings and plasters on a fake smile. She's gotten so used to it over years that it's now natural for her to put her friends' happiness before herself.

Jisoo: That's great! Make her happy Manoban! If not, I'll kill you.

Lisa chuckles as she playfully slaps Jisoo's arm.

Lisa: You got it Kim. But... I... uh... need your help with something.

Jisoo: What is it?

Lisa: You're the person who seems to know Jennie better than anyone. I want to get Jennie a present. Something meaningful, to show her that I'm serious about this, and that I really care about her. Can you help me?

Jisoo wanted to deny, knowing that it would only cause her more pain. But this was Lisa, and the latter was her best friend.

Jisoo: Sure. I'd be happy to help.

•••

June 23, 2015

Lisa tried to blink back the tears in her eyes as she stares at her two best friends standing in front of her.

Today was the day that she would be leaving to study Business abroad in Australia. It was easier for Lisa to be saying goodbye to Jisoo, for the older girl had been so positive, cracking jokes here and there to ease the mood.

However, it was more difficult to say goodbye to Jennie, who has now been Lisa's girlfriend of 2 years now.

Lisa shifted her attention towards Jisoo's direction and gave her a small smile.

Lisa: Hey Ji, can you give Jennie and I a moment?

The older girl glances worriedly between her two best friends before stepping away. Lisa turns back to face Jennie, and felt her heart tighten at the latter's tear stained face.

Lisa pulls the other girl into her arms and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

Before she could pull away, Jennie quickly wrapped her arms around Lisa's torso and pulled her closer.

Jennie: Please don't leave me Lisa. Stay with me.

Lisa caresses her girlfriend's hair as she gives her another kiss.

Lisa: You know I can't do that Jen.

The two stayed silent for a bit as Jennie tries to take in the comfort of Lisa's arms. When Lisa finally pulled away, she gives Jennie a sad smile as she lets go of her.

Lisa: Let's break up Jennie-ah.

Jennie was at a loss for words as she stares at Lisa incredulously.

Jennie: W-what?

Lisa: I want us to break up.

Fresh tears started to form in both girls eyes as they stared at each other.