13

Jennie was in a hurry that morning. After receiving the watch from Lisa yesterday, the two of them had decided to head out for dinner later before coming back to Lisa's house.

Due to all the excitement of the wedding plans discussed with the Thai's parents yesterday, Jennie had completely forgotten about the scheduled meeting she had today with one of the new models for the company's new campaign.

The brunette was preoccupied with her thoughts that she wasn't paying attention to where she was going.

Before she knew it, she had ran head first into someone's back, falling backwards onto her bum.

"Woah, are you okay there?"

Massaging her forehead, Jennie glances up towards the person who had extended their hand out to help her up.

Her eyes widen in shock upon seeing the familiar face, not being able to believe who she had just ran into.

Kim Jongin, or better known by his stage name, Kai, beamed down at Jennie as he soon recognizes her face.

Kai: Are you just gonna keep staring at me all day Jennie?

Snapping out of shocked state, Jennie's face flushed a light pink before she gladly accepts Kai's outstretched arm.

Jennie: Thank you.

Kai gives her a warm smile as he bent down to pick up her things before handing them to her.

Kai: It's been a while. I'm surprised to see you here.

Jennie returns his smile as she takes back her stuff in gratitude.

Jennie: I'm surprised myself to see you here Sunbae. As to why I'm here, well, I'm kinda one of the directors.

Kai: Wow, look at you growing up to be so successful. Who knew the awkward high school girl could grow up to be such a big shot director of a company. And still beautiful too I might add.

Kai gives her wink, causing Jennie release an embarrassed laugh.

Jennie: You're praising me too much Sunbae. Between the two of us, you're the one who's a famous model.

Kai chuckles at the younger's comment.

Kai: You haven't changed at all Jennie.

Jennie laughs at his remark and nods along in agreement.

Jennie: I guess you're right. I've always been comfortable where I am, so there's really not much that I'd want to change.

Kai tucks his hands inside his pockets with a smile before nudging towards Jennie's binder.

Kai: So, where were you headed? You seemed to be in a hurry.

Jennie's eyes widen as she suddenly recalls that she was late for her meeting. She silently curse to herself before giving Kai an apologetic look.

Jennie: I was actually on the way to meet with the new model for our company's latest campaign, and I'm running late. I'm sorry Sunbae, but I have to go.

Realization dawns on Kai's face as he releases an amused laugh. He pulls Jennie back before she could rush off and points a finger towards himself.

Kai: There's no need to hurry because you've already met the model Jennie. It's me.

Jennie gapes at him in shock as she tries to gather her thoughts. She points a questioning finger towards Kai who still had an amused smile on his face.

Jennie: You're the model?

Kai's smile turns into a smirk as he gives Jennie an affirmed nod.

Kai: Why don't we head over to the meeting together?