03

Jisoo was startled awake by the sound coming from her alarm clock. She lazily turns over and shuts off the blaring alarm before shutting her eyes once more.

After a few moments, she found it hard for her to fall asleep again and decided to wake up.

Tiredly, the Hallyu star lifts herself off the bed and headed towards the door to her bedroom.

Stepping out from the comforts of her room, Jisoo was startled to find Jennie sitting on the sofa within her living room.

Jisoo: Ahh-aish! Yah! You scared me!

Jennie scoffs as she sets down the magazine she was reading onto the table.

Jennie: Took you long enough to wake up.

Jisoo releases a yawn as she headed into the kitchen to make some coffee.

Jisoo: Why are you here anyway?

Jennie: We're having dinner tonight.

Jisoo's eyes sparkled with hope as she glances over at Jennie.

Jisoo: You mean the two of us together?

Jennie nodded.

Jennie: You, me, and Lisa.

Jisoo returns to making her coffee as she turns away from Jennie.

Jisoo: Oh.

Jennie rises from her spot on the sofa and made her way towards the kitchen.

Jennie: Yah, what was up with that response? You didn't seem excited at all.

With a her back still turned away from Jennie, Jisoo suppresses her bitterness as she tries to focus on making her coffee.

Jisoo: I'm tired Jennie-ah. Is that all you came here to talk to me about?

Jennie: Jisoo, our best friend just came back home after 5 years, I wanna make it special her. At least let me know if you can make it or not.

Jisoo releases a sigh as she turns around to face Jennie.

Jisoo: Would it even make a difference if whether I show up or not?

Jennie scoffs in disbelief, not being able to believe that Jisoo could even ask such a question.

Jennie: Yah, are you being serious right now? Of course it would make a difference. We need you there.

Jisoo takes a sip of her coffee and shrugged her shoulders.

Jisoo: Maybe some other Jennie. My schedule is already packed with photo shoots and filming for my movie.

Jennie made her way over towards Jisoo and put on her best puppy dog face.

Jennie: Can you please make some time for this dinner Chu? It would mean a lot to me if you could be there.

Jisoo shook her head unsurely as she tried to avoid looking into Jennie's irresistible eyes.

Jisoo: I don't know Jennie-ah...

Jennie: Please Chu? It'll be just like old times.

Jisoo glances over at Jennie and made the mistake of looking into the younger girl's eyes. The Hallyu star felt her resolve weaken as she found herself giving in to Jennie's request.

Jisoo: Okay fine. I'll be there.

Jennie's lips curve into a smile as she leans over and pecks Jisoo's cheek.

Jennie: You're best Chu!

Jisoo's heart flutters a little by receiving Jennie's kiss despite knowing that there was no other meaning behind it.