08

Jennie woke up to the sun shining down brightly on her face. Lifting herself up from the sofa, she releases a satisfied moan as she stretches out her limbs.

She felt something slide off her body and drop to floor. Lifting her tired eyes open, she spots a coat lying on the ground beside her.

The brunette's eyebrows furrow in confusion, as she picks up the coat and immediately recognizes it as Jisoo's.

It was then that everything from the previous night had come back to her.

Glancing towards the other side of the treehouse, she spots Jisoo's sleeping figure on one of the armchairs.

Jennie frowns a bit when she saw how uncomfortable the raven looked while lying in the chair.

She gets up from her spot and slowly made her way over to where Jisoo slept. The brunette gazes at the raven's features, as she stood over her sleeping figure.

That was when she noticed the deep bags under Jisoo's eyes. The brunette's eyebrows crinkle with worry as she knelt down besides her best friend.

Jennie: You were this tired, and yet you still came to comfort me last night.

She releases a sigh before taking the coat in her arms and wrapped it around Jisoo. A small smile tugs at her lips, as she sees the thin line of drool on the side of the older girl's otherwise flawless face.

Jennie: You always worry about other people more than yourself. Stupid.

Jennie continues to look at Jisoo's face, when she notices the older girl's eyebrows suddenly scrunches up in discomfort.

Before she could figure out what was wrong with Jisoo, the raven's eyes snapped open.

It was then that Jennie noticed the beads of sweat that had formed on the older girl's forehead within those few minutes.

Worried she gazes at Jisoo before placing a hand to feel her forehead.

Jennie: What's wrong Jisoo? Are you okay? Do you feel sick?

The raven's eyes darts towards Jennie's face as if she had just taken notice of the younger girl's presence.

At the sight of the brunette, Jisoo's expression relaxes as she immediately recomposes herself.

Jisoo: I'm okay. It was just a bad dream.

Jennie frowns a bit, remembering the nightmares Jisoo would always have when they were kids.

Jennie: I thought you stopped having those. Did they come back?

Jisoo shakes her head and gives Jennie a small smile.

Jisoo: I'm fine Jennie. It's probably cause I was too tired.

The younger girl noticed that despite answering her, Jisoo had completely avoided her questions. However, she decides to let it go and would ask Jisoo about them another time.

Jennie: Yah, if you were tired then you shouldn't have come.

Jisoo smiles and shrugs her shoulders.

Jisoo: You said you needed a friend. How could I say no? Besides... I told you that I'd always be here for you.

Jennie smiles softly as she gazes into Jisoo's eyes. The older girl's words had comforted her because she knew she could count on every single word that Jisoo had said.

Whenever she was ever in need of a shoulder to lean on, Jisoo would always be there for her. She was grateful to have someone like the older girl in her life.