02

5 years later~

The doors to the elevator opens. Every employee immediately straightens up as they bowed to the woman making her way through the building.

"Director Kim."

Jennie shifted her sunglasses a bit as she nodded to the employees, making sure that she acknowledges each person.

She made her way into her office before shutting the door. She releases a sigh upon seeing the person sitting at her desk.

Walking over, she flicks off the other person's earphones and shoved their feet off her table.

Jisoo startled awake and released a yelp.

At the sight of Jennie looking down upon her, her lips easily forms into a bright smile.

Jisoo: Jendeukie!

Jennie sets down her purse before walking over towards the sofa and takes a seat.

Jennie: My office isn't a place where you can sleep Jisoo. What would the employees think of me, or of you? Did you forget that you're also a director at this company?

Jisoo chuckles as she approaches Jennie.

Jisoo: Who cares what they think Jendeuk-ah. Let loose a little.

Jennie: Then think about your fans. You're one of our country's biggest Hallyu stars, what would your fans think of you if they see you behave like this.

Jisoo pretends to act confused as she shrugged her shoulders.

Jisoo: They'll love me even more?

Jennie: Jisoo~ I'm not kidding.

Seeing the glare Jennie shot her way, Jisoo raises her hands in surrender as she takes a seat next to her childhood friend. She playfully pulls on the younger girl's sleeve, and leans onto her shoulder.

Jisoo: Okay, okay. I surrender. I'll listen to you. Please don't be mad at me Mandeukie. If you get mad at me, who's cheeks am I gonna squish now?

Jennie gently shoves Jisoo's head off her shoulder.

Jennie: I don't know. Maybe one of your random hook ups.

Jisoo smirks at the latter and wiggles her eyebrows teasingly.

Jisoo: Wow. Is Jendeukie jealous?

Jennie releases a scoff.

Jennie: Of course not. I'd be crazy if I was jealous.

Jisoo feigns a hurt expression as she leans in closer towards Jennie.

Jisoo: Yah, you should be honored that you're friends with me. How could you even say that? I'm hurt Jennie Kim. How could you resist this beautiful face?

Jisoo batted her eyes innocently towards the latter. Despite Jennie's efforts, she couldn't help but break into a smile.

Jennie: Stop whining you big baby. You're embarrassing yourself.

Jisoo chuckles softly, before stopping as she begins to stare intently at Jennie.

Jisoo: But honestly, after all of these years... do you still not know of my feelings towards you?