Chapter 38: Promise

Yoongi was twirling around in front of the body length mirror. He was really anxious whether his outfit was suitable for the occasion.

Was he under dressed? Over dressed? Too casual? He really was struggling. This was his forth outfit already and deep inside his heart, he knew he looked okay but his mind just would not shut up and continued to nitpick every small detail.

"Oh my goodness Yoongs, stop trying to find flaws in your outfit. You look amazing, don't worry so much about it."

Yoongi looked behind him, his best friend laying on his bed with clothes next to him. Yoongi sighed. Jimin took pity on the struggling male, so he got up and engulfed Yoongi in a bear hug.

Jimin pulling Yoongi down onto the bed, "Why are you so worried? It's not your first date. He wouldn't mind what you're wearing, he's even seen you naked god-"

"Park Jimin if you don't shut your mouth," Yoongi warned as he stuffed Jimin's face with a pillow.

Yoongi got up and looked at himself once more in the mirror. He turned around and Jimin have him two thumbs up.

"You're such a dork," Yoongi teased, finally a smile replacing his frown.

"I'm gonna be the biggest dork if it can make you smile and make you stop worrying so god damn much." Yoongi chuckled hearing what Jimin said, always so sweet but sassy at the same time.

After about 10 minutes, Yoongi received a message from Jungkook saying he's downstairs.

Yoongi immediately rushed down stairs after bidding Jimin goodbye. The moment he walked to the living room, he saw Jungkook and his brother talking.

Jungkook looked behind Yongho to see his precious mate. "Hey Gi, you look pretty today, like always."

Yongho faked gagged then excused himself, of course before threatening Jungkook to take good care of his brother.
"You look good too!" Yoongi said to Jungkook after his brother left.

"Only today?" Jungkook teased.

"Yes, other days you look god like."

Yoongi smirked after seeing Jungkook being caught off guard with the smooth statement.

"I don't know it's a compliment or an insult saying I look worse than usual days," Jungkook commented as he hugged Yoongi from the back.

"You look good like always dumbass," Yoongi whispered as he held Jungkook's hand.

Jungkook gave his signature bunny smile and announced that they were off to their date.

"Where are we going?" Yoongi asked after he fastened his seatbelt.

"A secret."

Yoongi was confused as to why Jungkook was so secretive but decided to go with it.

The first placed they arrived was 16th Street Cafe. Yoongi was excited to be honest, he loves going to that cafe because it has always been the usual place for him and his friends to hang out.

They went in and just as Yoongi was going to pick a place, Jungkook pulled Yoongi to the other side and sat beside the window. Yoongi gave his mate a questioning look but received a cute smile instead.

After their food arrived, Jungkook piped up and asked something that Yoongi was not expecting.

"Do you know why I chose for us to be here?" Jungkook said, glistening with hope for Yoongi to get the answer correctly.

"Because we come here often...?"

'What the hell?' Yoongi thought. Why did this feel like an exam he did not prepare for. Did he forgot something?