Chapter 24: Tension

*Happy New Year everyone 🎉💕 I hope 2020 will be a great year. Now back with the story*

Jungkook was stuck talking with some entrepreneurs. After he was done talking, he quickly went to take two glasses of champagne.

The closer he got to where Yoongi was sitting, his blood started to boil more. His mate, laughing and having a great time with someone he hated to see. After calming down for a while, he slowly made his way to Yoongi.

"Hello Mr. Jeon. Nice to see you again." The man that sat beside Yoongi stood up and greeted Jungkook.

"Mr. Ahn, it is certainly a pleasure to meet you again." Jungkook's tone clearly has needles in them.

Yoongi sensed something weird around the two heirs but kept his mouth shut. Yoongi scooted over to make a place for Jungkook to seat. The man that has been talking with Yoongi is Mr. Ahn.

"I see you have been talking to my mate." Jungkook said as he gave one of the glasses to Yoongi.

"Yes, how could not talk to such a sweet looking boy." Mr. Ahn smirk, clearly wanted to get on Jungkook's nerves.

They started to talk about their respective businesses. Turns out Mr. Ahn and his family owns an estate company next to their district. Mr. Ahn keeps on bragging about how successful his business is, how much money he is making, etc.

"Arrogant bastard." Jungkook's wolf rolled his eyes.

"Tell me about it." Jungkook was trying so hard not to punch that guy in the face just to make him shut up.

Jungkook is clearly not interested in the conversation but this guy does not take a hint. Yoongi is just sitting there listening while playing with Jungkook's fingers. He was bored, okay?

"So how's the wife?" Jungkook asked, trying to piss the guy off.

"It's not your business right Mr. Jeon?" Mr. Ahn clearly irritated by the question.

"Oh, I was just asking. I heard your fathers set you two up for a date and the relationship started." Jungkook's wolf took over at this point, trying to anger the man as much as possible.

"I didn't know Mr. Jeon likes gossip."

"Can't help but know about it when it is everything people talks about." Yoongi could smell the change of scent in both the man. Aggression and domination.

"How about you Mr. Jeon? I heard you are getting together with Mr. Do's daughter. Then why are you here with this cute guy?" Jungkook's expression change so drastically, he looked like another person.

"I never got together with her. It was just brainless rumours. Yoongi here is my mate, not Mr. Do's daughter." The tension was high at this point.

"Oh, must be nice to find your mate. But I don't see a mark on him. You haven't marked him? It does not seem like a true alpha's move." Mr. Ahn was clearly testing the waters.

"It's none of your business if I mark my mate or not." Jungkook was reminding himself that this is a formal event, do not mess up your reputation because of this bastard.

"Aren't you scared that some other alpha will claim him? Male omegas are quite rare." Jungkook had enough.

He stood up and grabbed Yoongi's hand. "Mr. Ahn, I am clearly not afraid about some 'alpha' claiming my mate away. Because I know we are fated for each other. If we have no other business to talk about, we will socialise with others now. It was a nice talk. Goodbye."

Yoongi laced his fingers with Jungkook's and he tried his best to keep up with Jungkook's pace.

"Jungkook..." Hearing Yoongi voice made Jungkook snap out from his anger.

"Yes kitten?" Jungkook turned around and faced Yoongi.

The expression Jungkook made sent shivers down Yoongi's spine. The aggression in Jungkook's eyes is very obvious, dark red and full of possession. The sweet tone in Jungkook's voice sounded fake and forced.

Yoongi felt uncomfortable with how Jungkook feels like an utterly different person.

"Kook, are you okay?" Yoongi could tell that Jungkook's natural instinct is slowly taking over. If another thing annoyed or angered Jungkook, he will lose control over his natural instinct.

"I'm...fine." It sounded so forced, Yoongi does not have the guts to push him further.

The dinner continued, the air between Jungkook and Yoongi was different. Jungkook almost is like a different person.

The way he walked, the way he talked, the way he carried himself was different. It was not the soft Jungkook anymore, it was the alpha Jungkook at this point. Yoongi knows it because the aura around Jungkook is clearly like Namjoon's.

Maybe something did snap in Jungkook's mind. Yoongi decides to ask when they get back to their hotel. Jungkook kept on gripping onto Yoongi's waist throughout the rest of the night, as a way to show everyone that Yoongi is his partner and mate.

After everything ended, they went back. The drive back was weird to Yoongi, the air felt suffocating. The piercing gaze of Jungkook made Yoongi felt small.

They carried out their night time routine respectively. Jungkook was already in bed when Yoongi stepped out from the bathroom. Jungkook's hair messy, white tee that showed off his body and grey sweatpants. Jungkook's eyes are closed, so Yoongi thought he fell asleep.

He slowly climbed into bed and laid on his side, back facing his mate. Yoongi tensed up a little when Jungkook suddenly wrapped his arm around Yoongi's body, pulling them closer together.

Jungkook nuzzling against Yoongi's neck, clearly scenting Yoongi. The possesiveness was still in Jungkook's scent.

"Jungkook."

Jungkook hummed to Yoongi calling his name.

"You're different all of a sudden." Yoongi could feel Jungkook stopping his actions.

Everything went silent.

;Yes, Jungkook is starting to grow up more, in his natural instinct aspect. He is more possessive over Yoongi now, over time Jungkook will develop or strengthen even more alpha-like instincts, such as having more possession over his loved ones, especially his mate, being more dominant, more paternal instinct, etc. I hope you guys will like Jungkook's character development lol but there will be some issues among yoonkook though. Brace yourselves. Remember to comment and vote 💕 byee;