Chapter 24: Erin: Ardent Fury

24

Ardent Fury

Erin

I ran over to Olivia's body since Sammi had managed to do a number on her; I saw the blood all over her lifeless body. However, deep down I knew that she deserved those blood-stained marks.

Especially after the way she attacked Kaitlyn like that.

Was I guilty of not getting in the way? Should have I intervened and stopped Brittany from throwing her through the windshield?

So many questions and yet I never reacted. All I did was scream out in horror when Lauren was the first to strike her.

It was the same way that she would constantly belittle me. So... I think what scared her was the fact that Samantha gave her a taste of her own medicine.

And, it was because of that, she didn't like it.

I roughly shook her body until she stirred, where she grabbed me by the collar of my shirt. Her hazel eyes, burning holes in my soul from the sheer anger they had.

She sat up and rudely shoved me away.

Of course. This was how she always treated me. After everything I tried to do for her. For us.

Slowly now, I was starting to see that, there was never an us. Only her.

"I suppose you're not going to say thank you." I rudely said as she sat there looking over her shirt. "I mean I did try to help you. I tried to save you."

"Yeah," she hatefully snapped. "Well, you fucking didn't do it well enough. Or fast enough. You let Sam walk all over me." She slowly rose to her feet, still looking like she was lightheaded.

"You know damn well that Kaitlyn has told you many times that she's not one you wanna pick a fight with." I tried to kindly say. "Thought you would have gotten that through your skull by now."

And just like that, she savagely slapped me across the face, to the point where I had to catch the stinging sensation and hold myself in place while I let the feeling fade.

"While you sit there like a little bitch," she rose to her feet, looking for her actual girlfriend. "I'm going to look for Dimitria "Try to be of more use next time."

Sitting there, I reached for her ankle, where she had the same anger that she held against Elisa.

"Not you too!?" she rudely barked. "You gonna prevent me from leaving now?"

"You could have said thank you for trying to save your life. You know—like I always seem to fucking do."

She snorted. "Yeah, sure you do." She jerked her foot away and then kicked me in the side with her other. "I save myself. you...just are worthless. Like you always have been."

Oh, if she ever actually paid attention, which I know she didn't. Unless she was abusing me or using me as her own personal sexual plaything, I was pretty much invisible.

From the moment the attack occurred in Tucson, I was the one who saw her other girlfriend, and while they didn't speak to me, I knew they were watching, waiting to relay information to her. So basically without saying anything, I was threatened to stay quiet

So, I did. I didn't mention to Olivia who I had seen, but I knew.

Just like I always knew. I always paid attention. Even if I was forced to stay silent, I watched everything.