Part 46: An Invitation

Start from the beginning

"That was fast." Righty muttered and began doing shoulder and back stretches.

"So this is the swordsmith village, huh?" Lefty commented, they were perched on a high part section and got an overlook on the entire area.

"Hey, who's that down there?" Righty pointed to two people stanting down bellow them.

"Oh hey it's Tanjiro! HI TANJIRO!!!" Lefty Shouted and waved at Tanjiro.

"Eh? Oh! Hi Lefty! Hi Righty!" Tanjiro waved back to them.

Lefty and Righty jumped down to meet Tanjiro.

"I didn't think you guys would be in this place. What brought you here?" Tanjiro asked with a smile.

"Mr. Ubuyashiki was pretty vague about it. He said they have something about me and Righty's history that they want to tell us." Lefty said.

"Oh! I came to get a new sword! My swordsmith Mr. Haganezuka wouldn't send me any, so I came to him." Tanjiro gave his reason for being there.

"Nice! We can probably hang out later!" Righty came in and put his arms around Lefty and Tanjro.

"Say, where are we headed?" Lefty looked around.

"We were going to get to that." The four Kakushis that brought Tanjiro, Lefty and Righty said in unison (there' four cause two beeded to carry Tanjiro).

"Oh, we interupted you, huh?" Righty said apolegetically.

"So sorry!" Righty and Tanjiro bowed to the four Kakushis, while Lefty stared blankly.

"It's fine." They said. "You will find the Chief's home over there. Just make a left around that corner and you'll see the big house they live in." The four Kakushis pointed to an area of thw village.

"Okay, thank you." Lefty said and he and Righty turned to leave.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Tangiro bowed over and over at the Kakushis, giving them thanks for bringing him and the demon brothers to the Swordsmith Village. Lefty sighed and grabbed Tanjiro, dragging the water-fire breather along as he thanked the kakushis over and over.

----------

"Wait here please." A kakushi that worked in the swordsmith village welcomed them in and had them wait in a lobby of a sorts.

"Tanjiro Kamado?" Another Kakushi asked for him.

"Here!" Tanjiro waved and followed the kakushi. Around ten minutes later, Lefty heared Tanjiro and the Cheif talking pleasently. This went on for about twenty minutes until he heard Tanjiro leave the building.

"Akai Ai and Akai Kirai Suisei?" The same Kakushi came around the corner.

"Here!" Righty waved.

"Here." Lefty said, less enthusiastically.

They followed the Kakushi to a large door. The Kakushi knocked and two large men wearing goblin masks opened the door. Righty and Lefty entered while the Kakushi stayed behind. They walked into a large room, in the center sat the two goblin maskes men and a very and I mean VERY small old man, who also had a goblin mask. The masks were probably traditional for the people here. Lefty and Righty aproached and sat down.

"Hello, we came from-"

"Bow. Demons." The old man spoke in with absolute authority. Lefty and Righty instinctively obeyed and bowed with their faces on the floor.

"Yes sir!" They shouted in unison. 

"Very good..." The old man said. "Now... Roll over." The old man ordered. Righty and Lefty layed on the ground and rolled around a couple times. "Now do a somersault." Righty and Lefty lept up and did a few somersaults around the room. "Now play dead." The old man ordered. Lefty and Righty slumped to the floor completely limp. The old man wheezed and laughed for a good fifteen seconds. "Ubuyashiki taught you two well." He said.

"Thank you sir." Lefty said, still sprawled out on the floor. 

"Anyways, my name is Tecchikawahara Tecchin. It is a pleasure to meet you two." He greeted them. "You may sit up now."

"It's nice to meat you, sir!" They bowed to Tecchin.

"Now, what were you two here for agai- Oh yes. The scrolls." Tecchin waved his hand and three Kakushi carrying scrolls came in from a side door. They walked over and Handed Lefty and Righty the scrolls, before bowing and standing to the side.

"Go ahead and open them, I believe what' inside will suprise you." Tecchin said.

Lefty and Righty each grabbed a scroll and opened them rapidly, filled with anticipation. That anticipation died when they saw what was inside.

"I mean I'm suprised, but..." Lefty muttered.

"What? You don't care?" Tecchin asked.

"These are just bread recipees." Lefty shrugged.

"Eh? Lemme see that!" Tecchin waddled over and took one from Lefty. He opened it and read what was inside. "Oh gosh darnit! We mixed the history scrolls with the cooking scrolls!" Tecchin threw the scroll on the ground in a fit of rage.

"Uh... Then... What are we gonna-"

"Just get out of here, we'l call you when we need find it!" Tecchin shooed them off and they were forced out of the building.

"Well shit." Lefty sighed.

"That was anticlimactic." Righy said.

"Wanna go hang out with Tanjiro?" Lefty asked.

"Heck yea."