Bus Stop Crush / Austria

Start from the beginning

There was still a few grumbles from your peers, even your own added in. Mr. Vargas sighed, "We'll discuss this more during our next practice. For now, just let me assign your partners.  Then you may go home now."

Students filed out of the classroom after Mr. Vargas was done, talking amongst themselves about their partners. You hugged your binder close as you walked side by side with Eduard.

You couldn't stop thinking about how lucky, yet cursed you had been. You were assigned to Roderick. Which for you was both a blessing but also sure to be your demise.

You had begun to second guess your participation in the festival. You weren't fond of performing with someone you barely knew at a festival that was meant for individual performance.

"This sucks." Eduard groans, "I can't believe I got stuck with Gilbert of all people. He doesn't take anything serious!"

You nodded in agreement, "Yea."

As you walked passed your locker you stopped, and began to open it. Eduard also stopped.

"You don't have to wait on me." You tell him as you grab you backpack from the metal hook, "I'll be fine."

"I know," he says, "Just thought I would anyway though."

You nod, and close the metal door before you both again begin to walk. As you walk you noticed the distinct lack of melody flooding the halls. It makes you uneasy, but you carrying on.

As you walk past the band room you notice the absence of a certain brunette as the piano.

'He must have gone home early today.' you think as you leave the empty room behind.

Eduard parts ways with you at the main entrance when he goes to his mom's car. You wave, and start walking in the sidewalk to the bus stop a few blocks away.

Thunder rolls through the sky and you look up at the grey clouds. You pray that it won't start to rain while your walking. It was useless seeing as a mere few moments after you felt a cold, wet drop fall onto your nose, followed by another on your shoulder, and another on your head. Soon it was a full downpour.

You use your binder to block the rain from your head as you run through the wet streets. You soon reach the bus stop and double over to catch your breath, glad for the overhang that protected you from the cold assult of the weather.

You checked you binder for damage, giving a silent thanks non of your music was ruined.

"Oh my, you're soaked through!" A familiar voice says. You give a small squeak and jump in surprise not realizing someone else was at the stop.

You look up to see Roderick looking at you with concerned violet eyes. He had a folding umbrella at his side, and a dark brown jacket over his uniform.

"Oh, hi," you say nervously, "I didn't realize someone else was here, I'm sorry."

He waves off your words, "It's alright, are you okay though, your all wet?"

You nod, with a smile, "Yea, little rain never killed no one."

"You go to Gauken Academy, right?" He asks.

"Yep!" You point to your uniform, "I'm (Yn), I'm in your history, and trigonometry class." You shuffled your feet, "Also... I'm your partner for the festival."

A moment of realization hits him, and he smiles softly making your heart to a flip, "Of course, I remember you now. I'm Roderick."

He extends a hand and you take it gladly, your body buzzing with excitement at the warmth of his palm.

"It's lovely to meet you."

"Likewise."

A cold wind blows through, and you hold yourself as a few raindrops get blown under the bus stops overhang. Roderick does the same, giving a visible shudder.

You shiver slightly, and rub your arms, as you sit on the bench, "I'm surprised it gets this cold so close to summer."

"The weather is indeed very weird." Roderick agrees as  he sits next to you.

"Where are you going to, Roderick?" You ask.

"I'm waiting for my friend, you?"

You offer a smile, "Waiting fo the bus, I live on the other side of town."

"I see." He crosses one leg over the other, "Do you normally wait long?"

You shake your head, "No more than ten minutes on a busy day."

"That's good."

"Mhm."

It's silent for a few minutes,a dn you check your phone for the time. Your bus won't arrive for another five minutes. You internally groan, as you sit there.

Roderick notices you way you hold yourself, and the way your body slightly shivers and feels a little bad.

He shrugs off his coat and drapes it over your shoulders. You flinch at the sudden warmth, and look over to him.

"You look cold." You says when he catches your confused gaze.

"I'm alright," you tell him, "Please, take it back."

He shakes his head, "What kind of gentleman would I be if I left you to be cold?"

You once again insist on him talking back his jacket, and he refuses. So you accept to warmth. He notices your small smile, and smiles himself.

A car pulls up next to the sidewalk with a honk, and the passenger door opens to show a blonde male a Swiss accent.

"Get in already, I don't have all day!"

Roderick sighs, and stands, "No patience."

As he began to walk towards the car you stopped him.

"Wait, here's your coat." You hold it out to him as he turns back around, "Thank you for letting me use it."

Violet eyes look you up and down before he takes the clothing from your hands.

You turn back to the bench, but stop as you feel warmth once again envelope you. You look over your shoulder to see a smiling Roderick.

He wrapped you back in his jacket, circling his arms around you to make sure it was on snugly.
His arms squeezed you slightly, and the you could smell the scent of his cologne which in itself made you swoon.

"Keep it. You can give it back some other time." He says into your ear softly, before removinging his arms slowly.

"No no, please I insist-" before you could protest Roderick was already in the car. You watched the car drive off in disbelief.

You pulled the jacket tighter around you, a flutter blooming in your chest. Your face erupts with warmth as you recall the warmth of Roderick's embrace.

Oh how you love that boy...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I am in band. I really like it, but this stupid virus is killing my vibe.

We're starting school here soon, and it's honestly fucking stupid. We're going to have to wear masks (which honestly isn't that bad, I don't care for it), they're talking about putting cubicals in the classrooms, and separating out the school days where your last name determines what day you go to school.

Of course we have the choice to either go to school, or do online school.

My siblings have to go to school because my mom wants them to "learn the new stuff first hand". Really she just doesn't want to do homeschooling for a bunch of kids. I can stay home if I want, beacuse I have to work, and a baby to take care of.

Overall I think it's stupid, but whatever, we're all gonna die anyway.

How's everything going with y'all? Anything happening with school, or something you want to share?

Sincerely,
Me!