Till Death Do Us Part / France

Character: Francis Bonnefoy/ France

Warning: little gore and cursing

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You ran through the empty streets with your group behind you.
It was dark, the full moon barely peeking through the clouds, which meant it was dangerous. They always became more active at night.

They were night crawlers.

Undead monsters that craved for human flesh, and blood. Monsters that tore apart anyone: their friends, family, anyone they could get a hold of.

You may be thinking: zombies?

Yes and no.

Yes they shared many similarities, except when night fell, they changed. Got faster, stronger, smarter. Overall more deadly.

They were harder to kill as well. Of course a nice blow to the brain would do the trick during the day, but at night their skulls seemed to reenforce, which made them almost impossible to kill at night.

You and your group hadn't been able to find a place to hide for the night, so all that was left to do was keep moving.

Your group in speaking was relatively small.
Your bestfriends: Alfred and Arthur.
Your cousins: Lovino, and Feliciano.
Feliciano's friend: Ludwig.
And your husband: Francis.

It had been bigger. Until a few weeks ago. When you had been kicked out of your camp.

A night crawlers had gotten in, and bit one of your group. Roderick.
His wife, Elizabeta, and cousin, Gilbert had tried to help him, but it was too late.

Both had been infected, and it got spread.

Once the spread was under control, your group had been kicked out. Everyone blamed you.

Even after the loss of three, there was more that fell in that time.

Antonio, cornered by night crawlers in a gas station.
Ivan, sacrificed himself to save the group.
His sisters, Natalia, trying to save her brother, and Katshya, suicide from her grief.
Matthew, disappeared as you ran from wave of night crawlers, no body found, assumed dead.

Your group seemed to be fading away one by one.
It only made you more eager to protect them.

You were the leader, surprisingly enough.
You had objected it at first, but after awhile you just fell into to role.

Ludwig would have stepped up, but he was always occupied keeping Feliciano from having a mental breakdown.
You all feared for the fragile Italian.

So now you were running.
Everyone kept close, but moving. No one fell behind, and no one strayed off.

It was the number one rule you had set up.

Stay together.

No one objected.

As you ran you could hear the shuffleand movements of night crawlers, an inspiration to keep quiet.

You led your group over to a police station, and raised a hand to halt their steps. You tested the door finding it locked.

"Lovino." You mouth behind you, and the older Italian nods.
You never would have guess the grumpy, tsundere male would be good at breaking into places. It was a pleasant surprise to say the least.

He carefully messed with the locked handle with a makeshift lock picking tool he had made from scavenge.

You guarded. Holding your hand gun in a firm grasp, and looking of danger.