Beautiful / China

Character: Yao Wang/ China

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You met him when you where seven.

You had been walking home from school when a couple of kids from your class decided to gang up on you. They pushed you around, and pulled your hair. Calling you mean names, and laughing at you when you cried.

They took your school bag and through it in the river that ran under a bridge.
You tired fighting back, but you quickly joined your bag.

The river wasn't fast flowing, and it wasn't more than five or so feet under the bridge.

The problem was you couldn't swim. You thrashed as the kids laughed and walked away to wherever they go after your normal dose of terrorizing.

"Help!" You yelled as you get again fell under the cold water.

It filled your nose, and mouth.
You coughed and tried to push yourself above it or at least to a place you could put your feet.

You went under a last time, and couldn't seem to get back up.
You tried to yell for help, which you realized was a mistake.

You tried to cough the water out of your throat, only to take more in.

You felt the corners of your vision darken as your heartbeat pulsed in yellow, blue, and red in your eyes.

You started going still as your energy fade.

That's when you felt a hand wrap tightly around your bicep.
You were pulled quickly up, and you were vaguely aware of the actions.

You were right there on the line of awake, and asleep, and leaning toward the latter.
As soon as you broke through the water, you felt the hand that had help your arm wrap around your chest as the person took a breath.

You were drug to the river bank, and laid gently on the grass.

You thought the grass felt a lot warmer that the water.

"Are you okay?" A distant voice asked as a hand was placed on the side of your neck.

You felt a pinch on your nose, and a mouth be placed on yours.
You coughed as you felt air being forced down your throat.

You sat up with great effort, being supported by an unknown person as you coughed out the water from your lungs.
You began crying at the burning feeling if it, as well as the fear of what could have happened.

The person held you in a tight embrace, and comforted you.
You had a tight grip on their wet shirt.

"It's okay," the person cooed, sounding slightly feminine, "I know it hurts."

The person picked you up, and carried you, still sobbing grossly, to their house.
You were placed on the couch as they left, coming back with a towel, and blanket.

It was almost ten minutes before you had calmed down enough to be dried off.

The stranger help you, patting your clothes dry, and ruffling you hair with the towel.

You sat on the couch with the small blanket around you, and a small cup of warm tea.
You learned the person who saved you had was named Yao.
He was Chinese, and the was indeed not female as you had assumed.

He had been fishing a little ways down the river when he saw what happened.
He didn't think much of it until he saw that you couldn't swim.

After you recounted what happened, and finished you tea, he decided to take you home.