Farm Boy / America

Character: Alfred F. Jones/ America

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
You were new to town. It wasn't by choice.

You dad had gotten a job offer in the city, do you had to go live with your aunt and uncle for the summer so your dad could find a house.

You weren't too fond of moving to either the city or with your aunt.

You were perfectly content with your little cabin house tucked back in the mountains.
You've lived in the middle of nowhere for as long as you could remember.

You hsd only ever socialized with your dad, and school teacher he hired to homeschool you.

So you didn't have the best people skills.

As you entered the small Western town, sitting comfortably it the back of you uncle's hay wagon as he drove.
You laid on the hay, watching the sky pass.

You received weird looks from the locals, and it made you a little anxious.

"Uncle, Ray?" You asked softly as you stared at the blue sky.

"Yes, sugar?"

"How much longer till we get to your house?" You ask.

"Bout an hour."

"Oh."

It was silent before your uncle spoke again, "How old are you again?"

"I'll 19 in a few months," you answer, "why?"

"I got a farm hand," Your uncle's explains, "He helps around and we give him food, and one of the spare bedrooms to stay in."

You sit up, interested in what was being said.

"He's pa wasn't too nice to him, so he stays with us." Your uncle smiles, "Real good kid."

"What does he have to do with me?"

"He's about your age," your uncle waves to a man sitting outside a store, and the man waves back, "You two could get to know each other, always good to make friends."

"Yea, okay, Uncle Ray."

Friends weren't your forte, people in general weren't.
But if what your uncle said was true, you would be stuck with him all summer.

You laid back in the hay, and sighed.

All. Summer.

Your uncle finally pulled up to the Ranch he owned and parked the cart infront of the barn.
You wasted no time in hoping out and grabbing your suitcase.

"Your aunt Cassy should be in the kitchen, sugar," you uncle says as he unhook the horses, their coats shining with sweat, "Go say hi, why don'tcha."

"Alright."

You walked to the small farm house.
It was white with a cyan blue roof.
The colors were dull.

You walked into the front porch and fount the door already open. You let yourself in, and placed your things by the door.

"Aunt Cassy?" You call softly.

On que, your aunt came out of the kitchen with a wide smile.
He (hc) hair was tied messily into a bun as she hugged you.

"Oh, (yn)!" She says as she squeezes you tightly, "I haven't seen you in ages! You got so big!"

"Hello, Aunt Cassy." You return her hug loosely with a small smile.

"I made a big super for you!" Casserole, and mashed potatoes, and greens. Everything fresh from the garden!"

"Thank you, but you didn't have to make so much," You says shyly.