Tadpoles don't need a pool(P.S. x P.W.)

Words- 837

Daddy- Pete Wentz
Little- Patrick Stump
Song- "Oh my my (acoustic)" By Blue October

The entire week had built up to this one moment.
Patrick's nose was pressed against the back door's window, his breath fogging it all up.

"Rain, rain, go away, come again another day," he whispered in his softest singing voice. He'd begged the clouds to stop crying, yet nothing seemed to calm them down.

Pete came into the kitchen, spying the little one by the door, he sighed a bit coming to sit beside him. "Baby, the rain won't stop for a while, let's go do something else? Okay?" Pete said, trying to lift the small boy into his lap.

But Patrick wasn't having it, he struggled and shook his head, trying to nuzzle back against the window. "Can't, gotta be ready, can't miss it," Patrick whispered to him.

Despite having been on his best behavior all week, the rain just had to keep falling down.
This was supposed to be the day Patrick started his little garden.
He was going to grow tomatoes and carrots and all kinds of fruits and veggies, whatever he could get his hands on... or whatever Pete found that online said was easy to grow.

Pete nodded softly, "Well, maybe if I open up the front windows we can hear the rain while we watch cartoons? So we'll know when it stops? Then we can start working,"

Everything was in the car in the garage beside the dirt outback, all Patrick needed was a few moments of sunshine and no rain and he could go start his month-long dream of having a garden.

It took the small boy a moment of thinking before he eventually nodded, "Y-Yeah, okay, just gotta listen for it," he said, a small smile appearing on his face. There was no way the rain would continue for much longer.

Pete chuckled to himself as he got them both up off the floor, bringing Patrick to the living room, and sitting him down in front of the windows, which he then opened. The patio was blocking them from the rain, so they didn't have that to worry about.

Patrick giggled softly as he heard the pitter-patter of rain against the roof, sighing happily as he reached up for Pete, "Cuddles now please?"

"Cuddles now, yes baby,"
Pete cooed back to the small boy, hugging him tightly in his arms as he lifted the male back up. Laying on the couch never felt more comfortable with Patrick by his side, they could be in the worst possible position, yet it'd feel heavenly with his baby boy so close.

Patrick rubbed his eyes as he laid against Pete's chest, watching as the male scrolled through all the different shows and movies they could watch.
Anything Pete would put on would entertain him, he was easily coerced into wanting to watch anything.

The two laid together for what seemed like an eternity, Patrick's arm growing numb, yet too tired to move it, until it started to prickle and sting.
"Daddy, you said the rain was going to stop soon, why hasn't it?" He whispered as he sat upon Pete's lap, shaking his arm to hopefully speed the process up of un-numbing his arm.

Pete's hands gently moved over Patrick's side as he sat up, sitting up himself to leave a soft kiss to his forehead, "I can't predict the weather baby boy, but just think about all the water your plants are going to have to drink up, and all the bugs who were thirsty, I bet they're pretty grateful for the rain." Pete started on, watching Patrick with a soft smile as the boy took into consideration all the good things that came with rain.

"A-And all the puddles who got extra water!" He added, clapping his hands a little

Pete nodded, "Exactly my little boy, and don't even get me started on all the little bunnies and animals who get to jump around in the water and get an extra drink,"

Oh, how wonderful that thought was to Patrick, even if it may not have been completely true, it felt real for him.
He closed his eyes in happiness as he relaxed against Pete's chest again. "The tadpoles gotta bigger house," Patrick's small voice made Pete's heart melt, he was so caring and loving, ready to put his wants on hold for a little while longer.

Pete nodded and left another soft kiss to his forehead, "Absolutely, they might even have enough room for the pool they've always wanted," he whispered teasingly, his hand gently tickling Patrick's side.

The small boy giggled and hid himself against Pete's side to protect himself from the tickles, "Daddy they don't need a pool, they're underwater anyways,"

Pete took a moment to think, putting on a bit of a show as he scratched his chin, "Well, I guess your right, we wouldn't need an air room, so tadpoles don't need a pool,"