Bad Days (T.J. x J.D.)

Words- 950

Daddy- Josh Dun
Little- Tyler Joseph
Song- "What A Catch, Donnie" by Fall Out Boy

When Tyler dropped the box of Mac and cheese, getting the uncooked noddles all over the floor, he didn't think much of it, cleaning it up, and getting another box out.

Then he accidentally knocked the pot of water off the sink.

No biggie. He cleaned that up too. A little frustrated when the rag got stuck on the edge of the counter when he went to go clean it up. He tried to calm down as he cleaned the water off the floor.

He put the rag in the dirty clothes in the bathroom, promptly walking into the door that closed when he came in.

Tyler sighed and gently held his forehead, opening the door back open again, going back to the kitchen. He pouted a little then, crossing his arms over his chest.

He put the pot in the sink, and the box of Mac and Cheese up in the cabinet, getting out a thing of pop tarts and a cup of milk. Until the lid of the milk fell on the floor. And when Tyler went to bend over and get it, he sighed softly, cleaning it up in the sink and putting the milk back in the fridge with it's clean lid.

Tyler moves into the living room carefully, trying not to let how poorly today was going getting to him. He turned on the tv, only to see that his favorite movie was ending.

He kept positive, and put in cartoons, looking around for his phone. He found it wedged in the couch cushion, playing games on it until around three, when Josh was supposed to call him and tell him around when he'd be home.

Tyler jumped off the couch, looking around the living room for his charger, before looking in their bedroom, and the bathroom.

Of course, his charger had to go missing right when his daddy was supposed to call and his phone had to be almost dead.

Tyler looked in their bed again, finding it under his pillow, sighing softly.

And then the phone rang, he happily answered it, "Hi, daddy!" Tyler said excitedly, wanting to see his daddy as soon as possible.

"Hey, baby, daddy will be home in about an hour, have you."

Was all Tyler heard. And his phone was dead.

Tyler rolled his eyes, going into the living room and plugging it up. He nervously bounced his leg as he waited for it to turn on.

It took forever. Actually forever.

Or no, just maybe a minute. But plenty of power button tapping and trying to manually turn it on made Tyler extremely frustrated.

As soon as his phone turned on, he went to unlock it. Miss typing the password a few times. But that was okay. Definitely okay. He wasn't about to cry or anything.

Tyler called his daddy back, whimpering softly when he didn't answer the first time. Then he recalled, "Daddy! I's so sorry, my phone died and it wouldn't turn back on and I lost the charger and. And. And. Today sucks, daddy I miss you." Tyler whimpered to him softly, holding back his tears as best he could.

Josh chuckled softly when Tyler spoke, "Baby, don't let one bad thing ruin your entire day." Josh told him.

Tyler whined and buried his face in the couch, "Daddy, no, it wasn't just one bad thing, it was one thing after another after another. And I just want you to come home soon please," Tyler begged him softly, his eyes burning with tears.

Josh nodded on his end, wishing he was home when he heard Tyler's desperation. "I'll be home as soon as I can, baby, I promise," Josh told him softly.

Tyler sniffled softly and nodded, "P'ease hurry, daddy." Tyler whispered to him, running a hand through his hair and lightly tugging at the ends.

Josh knew his baby was small and frustrated, "I'm hurrying, baby boy, why don't you go on upstairs and try and get a nap or just watch some cartoons and cuddle with your stuffies for daddy," Josh asked him softly, hearing Tyler's quiet shuffles, letting him know he was heading upstairs.

Tyler curled up in their bed, pulling his stuffies close to him. "I's take a nap, daddy, I love 'ou," Tyler told him softly, nuzzling against the bed.

Josh chuckled softly, "I love you too, baby boy, I'll see you soon, Bye bye," Josh said, happy the small boy was at least calming down a little. Tyler mumbled out his own little bye bye, before hanging up and laying his phone down, and trying to go to sleep.

It took a good ten minutes of uncomfortable moving, and whines before he dozed off on his belly, a teddy bear under his belly.

Josh gently pet over Tyler's head, seeing him relaxed and asleep, happy it hasn't looked like he'd been crying. He shifted Tyler on the bed, and picked him up in his arms, "Baby boy, daddy's home," Josh spoke softly to him, gently rocking him in his arms.

Tyler sleepily opened his eyes, moving his thumb to his mouth and nodding softly, "Daddy," he whimpered softly, nuzzling into his chest, loving on his daddy in his sleepy state of mind.

Josh softly smiled at him, kissing the top of his head, "I'm here for you, angel," Josh whispered to him softly, holding him tightly in his arms, slowly making his little boys day better.

Tyler gripped his shirt with one hand, his thumb in his mouth, softly sucking on it, and slowly starting to wake up on Josh's chest.