1. A Long Time Ago

I'd like to dedicate this entire book to a very special friend of mine. She's stuck with me through thick and thin, and she's my everything. Although we've never met, I believe she knows me more than anyone. Since you seemed to love this so much, this ones for you.

For Kayla, Amy and Yasmin, the original readers. This is Latch...

"Olivia! Go and take your bike inside before it rusts please!" My mum shouted, and being six years old, I knew not to hesitate in carrying out her orders.

I skipped outside to get my bike from where I'd left it on the curb, but it wasn't there. Then I spotted my blue bike being wheelied around. A boy, about the same age as me with brown hair and big eyes on the saddle.

"Oi! That's my bike." I put my hands on my hips, I'd seen mum doing that with my brother when she was mad.

"Hello. If you're a girl, why'd you have a blue bike?" The boy asked, smiling.

"I like that color. Anyway, mum says it's for everyone." I said shyly, twiddling my thumbs around.

"Here." He sighed, walking my bike over to me.

"What's your name?" I asked the boy bashfully.

"I'm Harry. What's yours?" He tilted his head

"I'm Olivia."

And so it began, the inseparable bond Harry and I shared. When we met, I had just turned six and he was seven. In the beginning I didn't really like him but I had no friends so I mucked about with him anyway.

Then, almost over night we were best friends. We did everything together, we put on shows for Harry's mum, Anne, who took care of me while my mum was at work and my brother was away.

We sang and danced and played Barbie and X-Men, the usual kids games. It was all so cute and innocent looking back on it.

But now, we're older and we're just as close as ever, maybe closer. It's been ten years now, I'm seventeen this month and he's eighteen. I honestly, can't believe it.

PLEASE EXCUSE THIS, MY FRIENDS HAVE FORBIDDEN ME TO DELETE THIS AND I WROTE IT WHEN I WAS 12 OK THANKS. All the love
-C.X