29. Apologies

"I don't know what came over me Olivia, she was there walking towards me and i had no idea what she wanted, I barely know the girl, you know that right?" he looked to me for confirmation, i just nodded uninterested and he heaved out a sigh. "And then, she just grabbed me and kissed me and-"

"Oh poor Avery!" i mock cooed. "Was it scary getting kissed by the beautiful red head?" I snapped and he ran a hand over his tightly cut, shaven head. I could see his eyes were watering and i felt an awful pang of guilt throttle me right in he gut. He's too sweet to be a bitch to in all seriousness. I looked up at his frustrated and sad face. "Sorry, I should hear you out." I half smiled at the poor, kind boy.

"I don't deserve it." He sighed "Why did you come here, I should've came to you straight away but I knew you'd be with Harry and... I didn'y exactly want to run into him again." he said cowardly, wow Avery, good job at fighting for your girl. I shook my head an began my rigmarole.

"That's why I'm here actually, there's a very very slim chance that Harry is going to apologize for beating you up-"

"He didn't beat me up." He mumbles. What is it with God damned boys and their pride?

"Whatever!" I snapped and continued. "So, I wanted to say sorry on his behalf, I really shouldn't though.. we aren't on speaking t-terms." I whimpered the last part out, God I miss Harry.

"Olivia, are you crying? What happened?" he asked as I sniffed away the tears, I shook my head as if saying 'nothing' but he was having none of it. "What did he do now?"

I didn't want to delve into the depression of the last month. I really didn't but i felt as if Avery should no,when it all boils back i technically cheated on him. But I don't feel the slightest bit guilty, not even a little bit and that annoys me. I want to like Avery as much as he seems to like me (stans the seemingly irresistible Kayla affair) I want to feel completely safe and giddy and happy when I'm with him. I want to be as crazy about Avery as I am about Harry. But nothing, and no one seems to be able to fill the hole in my heart he left. That's what it feels like, like he's ripped a huge, very important part of me out and left me with nothing but an attitude and bitterness. I need to get over myself, he never loved me anyway.

I talked and Avery listened. I told him everything, starting with the fight and finishing with this morning. He nearly lost himself when I mentioned my pregnancy scare, he thought I'd come here to tell him that I was pregnant and it took a lot to calm him down and get it it through to him that I'm fine and everything's okay, kind of. I told him that I was really upset about what Harry did but i left out the details of my love for him. I feel like if I say them out loud again, they become realer and if they're real that means the hurt just caves in and surrounds me. I don't want to be how I was for the past three weeks again. I've never been so low, there was a point, I'd call it the climax of my sadness, that I completed going to London and telling him I'd die without him and begging for him to come back to me. But I didn't, I just cried in bed for days upon days.

But anyway, Avery's hugging me now. Telling me he forgives me and then backtracking and saying there's nothing to forgive. And then I realized just how much Harry had warped me. As Avery held me and rubbed my back the thought popped into my mind, pretend it's Harry.

Pretend it's fucking Harry? Are you serious Olivia Juliet Price?! Pretend it's the bastard who nearly knocked you up and left you drowning in your own depressive tears? My subconscious scolded me. She's right, well I'm right, I guess.

"Did you hear me Liv?" Avery asked, pulling out of our twisted embrace. I looked at him blankly until he repeated himself. "Do you want to go inside? My mum's making lunch, you could stay if you want?" He asked cautiously. I nodded before thinking and followed him inside.

We walked into the kitchen where his mother had plated an array of salads, what looked like fish cakes and a huge pie oozing with a bold purple liquid. How on earth does she keep this place so immaculate with three little kids running around?

As if on cue, Alex, Adrianne and Anastasia came bounding in all giggles and smiles.

"Avery's' girl is back!" Adrianne and Anastasia, I think, squealed and hugged my legs.

"Hey cuties!" I smiled at the triplets and Avery's mother laughed whole-heartedly.

"Hello Olivia! Welcome back dear, would you care to join us for lunch? It's nothing much but..?" Nothing much? I am obviously in the presence of a whole different breed of well-to-do.

"I'd love to, thank you very much." I smiled at Anita. I could really see Avery in her, or vice verse. He had her eyes and her smile, I wonder where his dad is?..

"I want to sit beside Olivia!" The little girl with the lighter brown hair plonked herself down on a seat beside me. I smiled at her and she pulled a massive dimpled grin at me. Her Afro like hair was pulled into a pretty bun, fastened with two pink bows.

"I love your hair." I whispered as I passed her a fish cake, she gasped blushed and began smiling triumphantly at my compliment.

Avery was sitting directly opposite me, with the darker brown haired triplet, Adrianne, to his left, his mother at the top of the table and the little girl with the jet black hair and light green eyes, which seemed to be an odd trait for this family. Everyone had tan skin, brown hair and brown eyes. Where as this little girl, Alex, she had the tan skin, but jet black curls and these intoxicating green eyes. Her eyes reminded me of Harry's...

"Olivia, do you want some salad?" Avery asked quietly, his eyes darting from mine in a nervous manner. I then realized, I haven't eaten properly in days, maybe even a week. I shook my head no and he looked at me and half smiled then put the large willow print bowl down. I nibbled at the fishcake and then Avery's mother turned her attention to me.

"So, Olivia. How's your summer holidays been so far?" she asked. Oh well, you know. I got my heart broken and my life ripped apart from the seems, but other than that, amazing!

"Quiet. Just the usual." I replied and Avery frowned but kept his mouth shut. Thankfully.

A/N: WHAT ON EARTH? 1.01K READS?!? YOU GUYS THIS IS COMPLETELY AMAZING! I literally didn't think i'd get 100 reads never mind 1000? Thank you all, each and every one of you reading for this
ILY ALL SOO MUCH btw the pic is the girl I imagine as Liv, any opinions?
-C.X