34. Dial tone

A/N: I just spilled coffee on my leg. What is this life?☕

Harry's POV

"Harry mate, check who called me there." Liam motioned towards his phone that had been ringing moments before, I nodded and unlocked the black iPhone, going into his call logs. Being the unhandy fuck that I am I dropped his phone and it hit off my chest, I grabbed it quickly before it fell to the ground, good save you dumbass.

I looked back at the phone and I'd scrolled back weeks in his call log, I knew because there was loads of calls to his mum and Shawn, this must've been shortly after we were formed.

I was about to scroll back up when one number in particular caught my eye.

555 0125

Who's number is that? Oh shit! That's... Olivia's? No, hardly. How and why would Liam have her number? She's my girl.

You pathetic human, she's not your girl anymore.

Well duh Harry. I can't help myself from thinking about her, but... I could feel my chest tightening as the paranoia and impossibly possible thoughts of her and Liam began to vividly flash upon the inward eye.

"Li, who's number is this?" It's probably not even hers.

Liam narrowed his eyes while reading the screen. I outstretched my arm across the coffee table we were having lunch at, some place near the studio called Silvia's.

His eyes widened after a few seconds and he moved to grab his phone, but guessing that would happen, I jolted my hand back.

"No ones Harry, give me my phone." He said calmly, as if trying to tame a wild animal. Good luck with that Liam, I've only ever known one person who can... Dammit.

I pressed call on the button, not really knowing why. I've been distancing myself from her for the past two months. Why the hell am I doing this?

"Hello?" Her chirpy voice bursted through the speaker and it was as if someone had pulled a ribbon and unraveled me.

"Harry give me the phone." Liam said patiently.

"Harry?" She choked out, I could tell her breath had caught in her throat. "Liam put him on the phone?" She said louder with a steady shake in her voice, I've missed her voice so badly.

"I'm here." I barely whispered, completely entranced and bewitched by her voice.

"Harry why are you calling me?" She sighed and I heard little screams and giggles in the background.

I listened to her heavy breathing and closed my eyes, envisioning her being breathless by my touch. Say something else baby, anything. I need one more word, something Liv.

"Harry?" She coaxed my answer, that was all I needed. Her to say something, and to my pleasure that something was my name. But now I had to answer her, and then I panicked.

"Wrong number."

And with that, I was ushered out of the café, helped to cross the street and thrown into a car by Liam, and it all seemed to happen in the blink of an eye.

He was talking but I wasn't listening, that is until the back of Liam's hand swiped over my face.

"Get yourself together Harry! Stop torturing that poor girl and give her a bloody explanation. Honestly Harry, you say you love her but you don't flaming act like you do!" He snapped at me. Did he just say that?

"I may be a fuck up and I may have hurt her, but don't you ever, ever say I don't love her. I fucking love her with every fiber of my being and that's why this is so hard, I love her that much." I cried out.

What the fuck am I doing here? I'm going round in circles, crying and pining for her but not doing shit about it? He's right, I need to give her an explanation, or something...

Olivia's POV

"How was the wedding?" I tried not to act as panicked as I felt on the inside. What in gods name was all that?

"Great, but it would've been 10 times better if you had bee there." Avery smiled and gave me a hug, I tensed awkwardly. "Hey are you okay?" He asked,holding me at arms length.

"Harry called." I spoke lowly.

"He what? When?" Avery's brows knitted as anger washed over him.

"About an hour ago." I frowned "he didn't have much to say, he said it was the wrong number but I knew he was lying, he called me off Liam's phone, you know Liam Payne." I stuttered over my words trying to tell the story clearly.

"How does Liam Payne have your number?"

"He called me once, looking for me to try and forgive Harry, or somit." I nearly cried when I said his name but I didn't.

"Aw honey, you can cry you know, you can be mad or sad or whatever you want in front of me, yeah. Don't hold it in." He kissed my forehead and held me in a tight embrace. I forced myself not to dare cry over Harry when I was with someone. That's something to save for the long lonely nights I spend alone with my dangerous thoughts and dreams.

"I'm okay, he's nothing to me anymore." The words felt wrong coming from my mouth.

Taking into account, he is everything to me.

A/N: yes I know very short and very bad chapter, it's a filler tbh. OK, so we're gonna skip on quite some time in the next chapter as this story is spread out over a few years(yolo sorry) So, opinions? I had a bit of writers block now for a while hence the awful chapters!! xP

Yup: read comment vote/fav !!! <3
Stay strong.
You're beautiful
And I love you.
-C.X