44. Climax

Listen to Medicine by Daughter. This will be emotional.
We were the happiest people on earth for the months that followed. I left Avery. I told him that I couldn't lie to him, or to myself any longer. I was in love with Harry. I could never not be in love with him. And no man could ever replace him. He was it for me.

I finished my final year in school, but didn't go to college like I'd planned. Harry promised me what was his was mine. He said I'd never want for anything. And I never did. That is, until eleven months after I decided I couldn't live without him and needed to forgive him. Eleven months later I realized something... I had everything I ever wanted but nothing I needed. I had money, a nice home, clothes, material things I didn't ask for but received from him anyway.

*Flashback*

"I'm sick of having the same fight with you Harry!" I screamed, tears threatening to spill over the flood gates I'd built so he'd never make me cry. He was tearing them down, tearing it all down.

"Yeah? Well I'm sick of you annoying me! Goddamit Liv if I'd known what this was going to be like I'd never have gotten back to-" he stopped himself before he said everything. But he'd said enough. He'd said exactly what I feared. Our paradise turned to hell... It got worse when he started taking more drug. Drinking more alcohol. Smoking more cigarettes...

"This isn't you Harry. I know it's not," I cried, "you need help baby. Professional help. We all want to help you, me, your mum, your friends. We all want you back, the real you." I held his damaged face in my hands and pressed my forehead to his as we both cried. "You need help baby. You're taking things that aren't good for you. Those drugs aren't good for you Harry. Please, don't ruin this." I begged before he kissed me through the pain and tears. But his kiss that had once mended my broken heart, didn't seem to anymore.