22. Yeah Well

Well. There goes the long weekend, and it was anything but long. I felt like I slept all day, and when I wasn't sleeping I was moping about feeling sorry for myself, and when I wasn't doing that I was with Avery.

I don't know how, but he's really taken my mind off things... Harry concerned. He's so sweet and lovely and his family are just amazing! It's all getting good now.

My black floral skirt swayed as I walked into school after a good nights rest, feeling great, actually. My hair was in it's usual curls and I quickly had a visual on Avery.

I skipped over to him and a few other boys.

"Hi!" I smiled, waving first at Avery and then at the other boys.

"Hey love!" He put his arm around me. Avery was around the same height as me, as were his other friends.

"Who's this then?" One of the boys with dark blonde hair jeered at Avery.

"I'm Olivia." I smirked.

"Well, Olivia this is Jay and Craig." He introduced the pair who waved awkwardly, they didn't seem to be as confident as the blonde hair, pushed back with a red bandana... Like the one Harry wore...

"And you are?" I asked the boy politely.

"I'm Ashton." He said and bowed cheekily.

"Well, guys. We should be going. We gotta go to class!" Avery bid goodbye to his friends and we walked away.

"Hold on, I haven't gone to my locker!" I quickened my pace and skipped over to my locker, carefully taking out all the book I needed. Same old same old.

°°°°

"Come sit with us Hanna!" I called over to my friend as she scanned for a seat. I was at a table with Avery and his three friends from earlier, eating lunch.

She spied me calling and rushed over, plopping down beside me.

"Uhm. Hi." She smiled shyly at the group of boys. "I'm Hanna." She said quietly.

Hanna's quietness was followed by a silence. Not just us, but the area surrounding us in the canteen was silent. I was just laughing with Ashton and Avery when Hanna tapped my shoulder

Everyone heads were turned and aimed at one focal point walking over to his table.

It wasn't your usual goggling at the most coveted boy in school, the faces surrounding us looked shocked. Many began whispering.

"What is it?" I asked Hanna.

"Look at his face." She whispered.

I craned my neck to take a glance. His sparkling green eyes were dull and lifeless. His tanned skin was littered in small cuts and bruises. His lip was split, right down the middle and most noticeable of all, his left eyes was encircled by a deep violet ring. He's been beaten to a pulp.

And although his eyes were swollen and puffed up, I could see they were looking at me, so I looked away. Not to prove a point or be a bitch. I looked away because I couldn't bare to see him like that.

I thought before that I'd never want to see him hurting. That hasn't changed and I still don't. I may be mad and hurt, but he has his knives in too deep and it's foolish to think I could ever not care.

"Olivia, are you okay?" Avery asked, putting his hand on my arm. I nodded. "Aren't you and Harry speaking anymore? Or...?" He asked, waiting for me to fill in the blanks.

"We had an argument. It's fine, I'm fine." I smiled reassuringly. Lunch talk was kept light and fun for the remainder of the time. All I want is to go home, I just want to lie down and do nothing. I want to talk to Harry but I can't. I'm not going to.