I pulled into the lot of the restaurant and put on my sunglasses before getting out of my car. I walked into the restaurant and immediately spotted Jake, he was sitting by some large windows and opposite him sat a beautiful woman. I pulled out my cellphone and called him "Jake, where are you right now?"

    "Victoria?, I'm at an important business meeting right now, I'm sorry I can't talk, I'll call you later" he replied and hurriedly hung up the phone.  I rolled my eyes as I walked towards their table and arrived in no time. Noticing my arrival, Jake's eyes widened considerably and he looked between me and the woman nervously. "This is your 'important business meeting' huh Jake?" "Victoria , w-what are you d-doing here?", He stuttered out nervously.

        At his tone, the woman at his side looked at me and her eyes widened in realization, she definitely recognizes me, my face has been on the cover of all the  famous business magazines at least twice, hell the entire restaurant probably recognizes me. "You're Victoria Qin!!!" She said, stunned. I nodded at her and replied " and the man sitting opposite you is my fiancé" I thought for a moment before saying " well was my fiancé, as from now on our engagement no longer stands."

     His eyes widened so much I was afraid they would pop out from their sockets. What did he expect?, that I'd just let it go? I may not like him, but he's still  my fiancé he has no right to cheat on me.

Jake was about to say something when he caught sight of Sophia's face and changed his mind, why do I have to give up the one I love for a proud and arrogant woman like her?. My sweet Sophia is kind, nice,  demure and gentle while she is arrogant just because she's successful. Sophia makes me  feel needed and adored while Victoria doesn't even give me the time of day. Sophia makes me feel  like I'm the only one she can rely on while Victoria makes me feel so useless.

      Jake reached across the table to hold Sophia's hand."I'm truly sorry for cheating on you, Victoria but I can't afford to give up my one true love for you so I agree with you, let's officially annul our engagement." Jake said.

At his confirmation the beauty beside him turned to stare at him "You were engaged?" She started and Jake nodded at her guiltily, at that she ripped her hands from his and stood up to face me , she then bowed and said "Miss Qin I'm truly sorry for this, I never would've gotten together with Jake if I knew he was engaged especially since he's engaged to you."

     I nodded towards her and said "don't worry about it" she seemed relieved to hear that and thanked me. Then she sent a frosty look Jake's way and smiled at me before leaving the restaurant. Jake wasted no time in running after her, but not before shooting me a glare.

        Now that that's over, I think I'll have lunch here, it seems like a nice place. I took a seat opposite the window and placed an order, before I reached  into my bag and brought out a book. I hardly read books but this particular one caught my eye. It was in the  fantasy and romance genre.

       It was about a young half demon born into a reverse world and who wanted to become the supreme queen. Not much, I know but this book is amazing,  I started reading before my food arrived and when it did I smiled at the waiter. He blushed and quickly scurried off behind the counter. I laughed to myself "he's cute" before taking a bite out of my meal. I almost moaned at how delicious it was and eagerly dug in. I soon finished my meal and was satisfied, since I cleared out my schedule I might as well stay here until I'm done with the book.

      So I sat there for an hour enjoying the peaceful scenery and the delicious smells floating around in the air before I finished the book. I stood up and stretched, leaving a tip on my table before walking out the door. Still thinking about the ending of the book I slid into the driver's seat and started up the engine, so she finally became supreme queen huh?, I'm happy for her. I started driving and turned into the main road.

      After a few minutes, I stopped at a red light and as I looked outside my window, I noticed a speeding car heading towards my direction, before I could even do anything, the car smashed into mine and I felt my body vibrate from shock. My heartbeat increased and all I could hear was a loud ringing in my ears, what is happening??!!!.

My car swerved  wildly and I struggled with the wheel trying to stop. All my efforts only made my car spin around twice before I crashed into the side of the road. My windows and windshield shattered from the impact and the shards flew into my body, marking my skin with deep cuts. Blood poured out of the wounds and I felt immense pain break out all over my body.

My head banged the steering wheel with such force, I started bleeding. I began seeing black spots dance around my vision and knew I was loosing consciousness. I tried to stay awake and lift my hand wanting to grab my cellphone from the bag on the passengers seat.

A loud whirring noise alerted me of the nearby ambulance along with their flashing lights. However,  I felt my life force fading as every breath left my body. My life flashed before my eyes  and I knew I wouldn't make it. I thought about my dad and mum as my soul left my body, I'm sorry mum I'm sorry dad I have to go now please take care of yourselves and never forget me ok? A single tear slipped down my cheeks and just like that I, Victoria Qin left this world.