chapter twenty-five

chapter twenty-five: what would carl sagan do?

About a week passes by and Spencer, Hotch, and Cassie are the first ones in the office

"Hey, Cass. Look at this" Spencer calls to Cassie who sat at her desk, organizing files into piles.

Cassie looks over at the boy who stared at his computer and she stands up, walking over to him and leaning against his desk to see what he wanted to show her.

"What's up?" She asks and he looks up at her.

"Look at this blog someone posted. 'What Would Carl Sagan do?'? Idiotic really" he says passionately and she laughs.

"How so?"

He gives her a look as if she was crazy.

"This is the man who discovered the surface temperatures of Venus! He researched Mars', Venus', and Jupiter's atmosphere and his incredible space work has been boiled down by some moron asking what he would do? Um, obviously he would do a lot" he rants and Cassie watches him with a smile, finding this incredibly adorable.

"Oh, Spence. If I were anyone else, I'd be looking at you like a lunatic. You're lucky I'm a genius and you're cute" she pats his shoulder, his cheeks turning red by her statement as she read the blog quickly.

"Hey, what did I miss?" Morgan's voice grabs the two's attention and they look at the man who just walked in.

"Oh, man. You're not gonna believe this. Some moron just posted a blog called 'What Would Carl Sagan Do?'-"

"No, Reid. The case" Morgan interrupts him before he could get any further, "what's the case?"

"What are you talking about?" Reid asks.

"These emails from Hotch. 'Take a look at this. New case to review'" Morgan quotes the email he received and Cassie heads back to her computer to check her emails.

"Emails from Hotch? I didn't get any emails from Hotch, did I?" Reid asks as he checks his emails.

"I didn't" Cassie tells Morgan.

"Yeah, me neither" Reid confirms and Morgan looks up at Hotch's office before walking up to it, causing Spencer and Cassie to look at each and shrug.

JJ, who had been in the round table room with Prentiss and Rossi without anyone noticing, called Spencer and Cassie up in which they quickly made their way up as JJ grabbed Morgan and Hotch.