chapter forty

chapter forty: viva las vegas

Spencer and Cassie got off the plane and were greeted by loud noises and slot machines at every turn

"I have counted 6 drunk people so far. It is 10am" Cassie tells him as they rolled their luggages behind them and Spencer just laughs.

"Welcome to Vegas"

"It never gets old" she chuckles.

The exit to reach the taxis was a long walk but they get there, quickly finding a taxi to take them to a rental car place before they make their way to the hotel.

The drive wasn't too long since they aren't staying in the midst of the city; staying about 15 minutes south where it was a bit quieter but still nice.

They checked in and made it up to their rooms quickly where Cassie jumped onto the bed before Spencer could even close the door.

"Comfortable?" he asks with a slight chuckle once he sees her.

"There's just something about hotel comforters that are so comfortable"

"Hence the name" he responds and she looks at him.

"Smart ass"

"Also factual"

"I hate you" she rolls her eyes as he moves to the bed, leaning down to hover above her.

"Mhm" he hums before kissing her.

She wraps her arms around his neck to pull him down on her and once he pulls away from the kiss, he rolls over next to her.

"When do you wanna go over to the clinic?" Cassie asks.

Spencer sighs before moving to his side and wrapping his arm across her stomach to pull her close to him.

"Can we nap first?" he mutters.

Cassie chuckles, "of course we can".

So, they napped. However, it lasted a lot longer than they anticipated and they woke up 6 hours later. Instead of visiting their moms, they decided for the rest of the day they would just grab dinner and Spencer would take her around the city, leaving it to tomorrow to visit them.

The two got ready for their date night, Spencer telling Cassie to dress fancy and, lucky for her, she had brought something nicer just in case.

She got ready in the bathroom, lightly curling her now slightly highlighted hair and putting on makeup. She slipped on her simple long-sleeved, flowy, long dress before leaving the bathroom and finding Spencer reading on the bed in dress pants, a button down shirt, and a blazer.

He looks up when he hears the bathroom door open and he can't seem to take his eyes off her. Not that he couldn't before, she always constantly grabbed his attention, but he watched her every move from the bathroom to the closet where they had hung their clothes up for the week.